What's new

Star Trek : Nemesis - For Fall Release? (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
On Cinescape.com today Rick Berman was quoted as saying that Nemesis will be ready by Labor Day, and that Paramount was considering a fall release (rather than the December release reported earlier).

I have a feeling he's testing the waters by putting that out there, to see if anyone bites. I myself do hope they go ahead and release it in early fall... or at least not on a weekend shared by The Two Towers or James Bond.

Anyone else think the Nemesis release will move forward?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It'll probably be like mid-November, in time to pick up Thanksgiving Weekend viewing.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I am looking very forward to Nemesis. More than any other movie this year. The sooner the better.
Peace Out~:D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My lil' heart's a poundin' for this one, too.

Remember, almost always the Trek features have been released around November. At least as best as I can recall.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
From IMDB:

#1 - 6 December 1979

#2 - 4 June 1982

#3 - 1 June 1984

#4 - 26 November 1986

#5 - 9 June 1989

#6 - 6 December 1991

#7 - 18 November 1994

#8 - 22 November 1996

#9 - 11 December 1998

So, while the last few have been Nov/Dec releases, Trek has been a summer movie franchise, too.

Myself, I'd go with mid-October. There's a holiday weekend in there, it's before the crush of holiday movies so there's plenty of screens available, and a good, well-marketed movie can do fairly well then. It would also be a good time to cross-promote with the start of "Enterprise"'s second season, and isn't there a DVD set planned for early October? Heck, Art Asylum may even be glad to get the toys on the shelves a month before the "Treasure Planet", "Harry Potter 2" and "Two Towers" stuff, if they finish them on time.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
I just hope the story is better than Insurrection. I found the story to that to be weak. But it will be great to see the old crew back at there post.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I hope they don't rush it out.
This is one of the problems with Star Trek movies. They are always rushed. They are so rushed, they end up having mistakes in them. Star Trek 6 has a very rushed feel to it and if they spent more time, it would have been much better.
Do you think I could have used the word "rushed" a bit more? :)
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks