What's new

Star Trek - Nemesis (Chapter 4 problem) (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I thought my eyes or player was acting up when Chapter 4 came up and I saw a purple strip to the right of the picture. It only seems to carry across the red desert section mostly and not into the sky. You can see it all through but example...it overcasts on Data's hands and face when he picks up his brother's head. This is only in Chapter 4. Has anyone else seen this problem besides low volume levels?

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
I focused on the right side of the frame throughout chapter four and noticed no purple (or any other colored stripe for that matter) at all.

The colors are blown out, which of course accurately represents the theatrical experience. Do the other three people who saw it at the cinema concur? ;)

Easily the best transfer of a Trek film yet.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Fresh viewing of the sequence here shows no bar. I got afterimages when looking toward one side of the screen, then looking at the other side, because of the optical saturation.

Y'know, the scene plays nicely without sound!

And to be fair with the audience count, my wife, mom, brother, his wife were there too.

("One... two... five!" "That's 'three,' sir.")

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter

Funny you should mention this, Steven. I played Nemesis on my computer DVD drive, and thought the left stereo channel seemed a little weak (for the record, all other DVDs in my computer sound well-balanced.) I played the new Trek flick through the stereo TV in my living room, and it sounded much better there.

Britton

Screenwriter
Do you have any way of taking a screen cap so we can see what you are talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks