Star Trek Movie Set: Specs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Just saw the entire Star Trek movie series set is slated for release simultaneously with the release of ST:TMP. Anyone here know about the transfers..new..old..etc. And what about special features?
    ------------------
    "The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
    David Manning-Critic

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I'd have to guess that they will be a re-promotion of the current existing releases. So same transfers, same (lack of) extras...etc. It was hinted at that they will re-visit each movie as an SE in the future starting next year, there was an old thread about that news somewhere.
    Dan (UK)

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

They are the existing 8 DVD's already released, added to the new one and put in a box. Nothing new whatsoever (except for the box).
    Those of you who already got the TNG 3-pack of movies will be able to pick up the 6-pack of TOS movies in a separate box set, rather than re-buying the TNG's in the 9-pack.
    Again, nothing new here. According the the rumors, it will be at least Spring 2002 before the first of the SE's come along, and it will probably be Khan. Until then, it's all the same. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    Widescreen is Family Fun!
    [​IMG]

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Thought as much, David. I'm still happy I only have First Contact on the shelf then. I never got the others... SE wise I'm certainly getting TMP...Future SEs I'd grab Kahn, Voyage Home and First Contact without question (all by far my faves).
    Generations and Undiscovered Country SE purchases would be pending extras, same for Spock and Insurection, but I never loved those two much.
    Dan (UK)