What's new

Star Trek Lower Decks (2 Viewers)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is the deepest cut I have seen yet from the show. It's awesome that they did this. Come on, tell me these guys don't know and love Star Trek.

121356603_10164661619345294_6136306039657808895_o.jpg
The references to classic Star Trek are the reason I watch the show. They may be quick, tiny bits of fun but they are enough.
like this scene with Q, and 10 seconds later a bit about a "Salt Vampire". Not brilliant, but very funny to a Star Trek fan.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
like John DeLancie, it was really hard to tell at first that it was Frakes and Sirtis voices.

It was different for me. It wasn't immediately obvious to me that DeLancie was voicing "Q" (though I had known he was going to be doing so before I saw the episode), but Frakes's voice I recognized right off the bat.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This is a crazy thought but it seems very possible that we see Lower Decks Season 2 before Picard S2, Discovery S4 or Strange New Worlds. With pandemic shutdowns, shooting delays, and the extensive post production process they put the live action shows through, I’m really wondering what chance there is of seeing new episodes of any of the other Treks in 2021. Lower Decks seems a little more plausible. I’d really love to be wrong but it seems next year could be a real drought year for Trek.

Two weeks off the air and I’m surprised at how much I miss Lower Decks.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This is a crazy thought but it seems very possible that we see Lower Decks Season 2 before Picard S2, Discovery S4 or Strange New Worlds. With pandemic shutdowns, shooting delays, and the extensive post production process they put the live action shows through, I’m really wondering what chance there is of seeing new episodes of any of the other Treks in 2021. Lower Decks seems a little more plausible. I’d really love to be wrong but it seems next year could be a real drought year for Trek.

Two weeks off the air and I’m surprised at how much I miss Lower Decks.
Same here. With animation production processes being less proximity-based now than live-action shooting (with animation staff able to work remotely if needed), they can hopefully get the next season out on a timely basis, here.

Also:

Any word of a Blu ray release date?
Nothing firm yet, but probably before too much longer, I'd wager.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am afraid some Blu ray sets will not be available, and I have become absolutely paranoid about the series' I buy on disc. Every week I record them (new "Star Trek" programs, "Walking Dead" programs and one or two others) on my DVD recorders, then edit them to DVDRWs. When the Blu ray sets come out, I buy these and re-use the discs I have made.

As an aside, I was dragged kicking and screaming by our new cable company to change from regular PVR to what they call "Roger's Ignite", which stores recordings "on the cloud". I was resistant because I learned that the new boxes only had one HDMI output, and not the old fashioned L,R,Video ones I needed for my DVRs. The old system had HDMI and the old outputs, which I could use for recordings. These worked, but of course fucked up the aspect ratio for any HD recording. I had to be careful to record everything on SD if possible.

I convinced the installer to leave me extra HDMI cables, and adapters for my recorders. Imagine my surprise when I used them for the first time and discovered that through these adapters the aspect ratio is always perfect! I know the quality is no where near as good, but when it is the only game in town (or paranoid use, and to make DVDs of movies say on TCM that will never be on disc), the system is very satisfactory.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That would actually work pretty well! They should do an episode where something malfunctions and they’re all live action for a while until they can fix it :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I’m not a huge fan of Lower Decks, but the late summer release date for every season seems to fit the show for me. Something about comedy and animation and the dog days of summer works.

This is already marked on my calendar. Hopefully a date for Discovery will be released fairly sooner my guess is after Lower Decks is over, just like last season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how long the show is going to go back and forth between Boimler on the Titan and the rest of the gang on the Cerritos. It'd be fun to spend enough time to really contrast a distinguished posting like the Titan from a crappy posting like the Cerritos.

From what little we know about Riker's tenure as captain of the Titan, that ship got a lot of bad ass assignments, beginning dealing with the Romulan fallout from Nemesis. The kind of missions, in other words, that Mariner would love but which are probably Boimler's worst nightmare.

I do love Frakes's commitment and gusto when voicing the sitcom version of Riker. At the same time, they have to tread carefully with an established character like that; stray too far from the character on TNG and Picard, and you risk alienating your audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks