Star Trek IV extras

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

According to this news item at TrekToday, J.G. Hertzler, the guy who played Martok on DS9, is going to head up all the extras for the upcoming SeEor DE of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
    There is a link on the page to a convention report where he confirms this himself. Sounds a little weird to have him doing this, but the part of having dailies from the movies would be an interesting and one that we haven't seen on any Star Trek DVD yet (or so I think [​IMG]).
    Also no release date but I'd assume Summer 2003 based on the schedule so far. (I think ST3 is scheduled for late December according to The Digital Bits)

2. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Cool news. I know alot of people arent fans of The Voyage Home, but I kinda liked it, in a tree-hugger sort of way. No, I actually think its the funniest of any Star Trek movie, and I thought the cast played the fish-out-of-water roles well. I especially like the hospital scene! [​IMG]
    Either way, I will gladly replace the barebones copy I already have with the SE.

3. Jack_F

Jack_F Stunt Coordinator

DVDfile.com just announced that Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Special Edition will be released on October 8th.

This is great news for us Trek fans, we weren't expecting this until late December.

Maybe The Voyage Home SE will be out around the new year...

-Jack

4. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I consider The Voyage Home the second-best after The Wrath of Khan, but that's just me. I give third-place props to First Contact.

5. Osato

Osato Producer

I actually posted a link to the story in another thread about Star Trek III.
    Great to hear, I will be picking up II, III, and IV. I believe III will be the first with commentary from Shatner and Nimoy. They will do the rest of the films that they appeared in I believe.
    So perhaps IV will street in December and the Nemesis sometime early next year.
    I would really like to see a new / finished version of Star Trek V as well. Hope Paramount makes it happen. The production story sounds somewhat similar to The Motion Picture as far as time constraints.

6. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

So should I sell all my ST DVDs on ebay now? How far will they go? Generations clearly needs to be redone but certainly doesn't need an SE.

Neither does VI, FC or Insurrection but it seems inevitable.

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

All ST films are going to get SEs

8. Osato

Osato Producer

9. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

10. Osato

Osato Producer

11. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Depending on my mood II or IV is the best Trek film for me. Can't wait for an SE of IV.

12. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

II is my favorite with IV not far behind. Can't wait for the SE!

13. Adrian_P

Adrian_P Stunt Coordinator

It's my goal to own all of the new Special Editions of the Star Trek movies. Will definately be replacing my video copies of all the movies as soon as they come out. Hopefully Star Trek IV comes out before the new year as it is one of my favorite movies and would make a nice XMAS present to myself.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Directors Cut with completed FX for Star Trek V either.

14. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

I think all future SE's of the Star Trek movies must contain the entire Futurama episode that starred the cast of the Original Series. Yup. Got to be there.

"How can you do a spoken word of a rap song?"

"He found a way."

Phil

15. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

Can't wait to replace my Generations/First Contact LDs with the SEs this time next year. I had the R1 DVDs of these two (and Insurrection) but they were crap, especially Generations, so I got rid of 'em ages ago.
    And y'know what? My AC3 Generations LD looks and sounds better than that piss-poor R1 DVD effort. Still, I couldn't help but squeal with delight when faced with ST:III's specs on the Digital Bits. And I'll buy ST:V ONLY if it has a Shatner commentary. And comes with a free copy of 'The Transformed Man'...[​IMG]
    Fry: "Now say nuclear wessels!"
    Koenig: "No."

16. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

What's wrong with FC? I thought it was one of those early DVDs that people held up as an example of a good anamorphic transfer?

17. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

18. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

DUPLICATE POST!!!

19. John_Berger

20. John_Berger