What's new

Star Trek Into Darkness on iTunes out today (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Steve, you mean this enhanced commentary is not simply the movie with the audio commentary with all the pauses and additional stuff all contained in a recording? What is it that requires playback from a computer that restricts it from an I device? This makes me curious to look into.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What kind of PC do you have Wayne? I have a Dell and do not have that option.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have the same version of iTunes and I have no option for AirPlay on any films in my library

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
while the movie is playing on your PC, move your mouse and click on the button circled in red.
airplay.png

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I've used airplay from my iPhone and iPad so I'm familiar with it and the icon. It's just not available on my iTunes and its driving me nuts.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Nelson Au said:
Steve, you mean this enhanced commentary is not simply the movie with the audio commentary with all the pauses and additional stuff all contained in a recording? What is it that requires playback from a computer that restricts it from an I device? This makes me curious to look into.
It's an iTunes Extra. iTunes Extras don't play on iDevices.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Steve, so it's not because its at 1080 resolution? Since a file stored on the iPad can't play at that resolution? I need to learn more about the iTunes Extras then. But the extras can be seen on the I devices if streamed from Apple TV? Maybe during the Apple event next week, a new Apple TV will be announced and I'll finally get one.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You can stream to an Apple TV, at 1080p from a Mac, PC, or iDevice. You can't stream from an Apple TV to anything else. You can playback on an iPad at 1080p (I played the regular version of STID that way). (Disclaimer, I have an iPad 4th generation with retina display.)

Or you can be like me and just play the iTunes Extras on your computer monitor. Mine is large enough to where it looks pretty good.

BTW, the iTunes Extras included 5 featurettes, although one of them was not really related to the movie.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Steve, that's what I was thinking, if it's even possible to stream regular film files from iTunes to an I device from a Mac. Not from Apple TV.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So, what does the Amazon version have? It's outrageous that I even have to ask, but Amazon doesn't list extras that I can see.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I meant what extras come on the disc from Amazon? I do not care about deluxe editions with tchotchkes.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I don't give a flying fig about the "extra extras" or the commentary track or especially iTunes. (I'm an admitted Apple hater from way back.)

I've not yet even seen STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS. We had just gotten a new puppy when the film was released in theaters, and by the time she was old enough to leave for a few hours, it was gone. This was the very first STAR TREK film of any kind that I didn't see on a big screen on opening weekend. But then again, this generation of films isn't quite my cup of "earl grey" either, so it wasn't a tragedy that I hadn't seen it. Inevitably the Blu-ray would come along.

And - as I'd not yet gotten a Blu-ray for the first JJ Abrams film (only a DVD), MY BEST OPTION will be to go to Walmart and pick up their two-fer pack of both films on Blu-ray for just under twenty bucks. Whatever extras are contained on any of the discs will be good enough for me. I'll probably never watch them.

Harry

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
And so it went. We went to Walmart today, and found the two-fer STAR TREK pack. I took it up to the entertainment area counter because I just had a feeling that it wouldn't ring up correctly at the register. And I was right - it didn't.

After bringing it to their attention, they rang it up manually. Thankfully they had a copy of their own ad right there, because I hadn't thought to do so. So I've now got the Blu-rays for both of the Abrams TREK movies.

Now for time to watch the new one...

Harry

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Received the standard 2D from Amazon today. Image quality is spectacular. Glad I bought it.

Downloading the extras via digital copy. It's gonna be a long wait. Harbinger of things to come???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks