Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (not Director's Edition)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rob.melone, May 30, 2003.

1. Rob.melone

Rob.melone Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchased this movie on DVD. I noticed that when I selected 5.1 sound from the movie menu there was no LFE. However, bass from the sub was present when I selected standard Pro Logic sound. Any thoughts? I have a Sony 4ES receiver. Rob

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Bass below a certain frequency is automatically steered to the sub

3. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

Couldn’t find a previous topic on this. For people who have seen both versions, I was wondering can I get rid of the original release? I hope that the 2-disc version is not that artistically and dramatically different. I have not seen it yet.

4. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

It's isn't anything dramatic other than a scene with Kirk & his son and another with Scotty's nephew...there might be one or two other scenes added in but nothing that compromises the original theatrical version's flow, it's very minor & the added scenes are pretty good character moments as far as I remember.

5. Patrick H.

Patrick H. Second Unit

I was VERY pleased with the director's cut, the additions are minor and dramatically sound, and all the major set-pieces are unchanged. There was a particularly effective (and well-shot) scene between Kirk and Bones in sickbay following Kahn's first attack...really added to the character dynamic and the movie as a whole. There's also a very funny Spock comment added later in the picture.