What's new

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (not Director's Edition) (1 Viewer)

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased this movie on DVD. I noticed that when I selected 5.1 sound from the movie menu there was no LFE. However, bass from the sub was present when I selected standard Pro Logic sound. Any thoughts? I have a Sony 4ES receiver. Rob

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Couldn’t find a previous topic on this. For people who have seen both versions, I was wondering can I get rid of the original release? I hope that the 2-disc version is not that artistically and dramatically different. I have not seen it yet.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It's isn't anything dramatic other than a scene with Kirk & his son and another with Scotty's nephew...there might be one or two other scenes added in but nothing that compromises the original theatrical version's flow, it's very minor & the added scenes are pretty good character moments as far as I remember.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
I was VERY pleased with the director's cut, the additions are minor and dramatically sound, and all the major set-pieces are unchanged. There was a particularly effective (and well-shot) scene between Kirk and Bones in sickbay following Kahn's first attack...really added to the character dynamic and the movie as a whole. There's also a very funny Spock comment added later in the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks