What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Chances are it won't be recalled anyway as most people won't notice the error, so it'll probably be faster to get your old copy replaced than it would be to wait for fixed copies to show up on shelves.

daveinAP

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Duchene
I saw the original series in 16mm while serving aboard the USS Enterprise in 1968&69.Gene Roddenberry had paid a visit while we waited to deploy.We watched them quite often during those two years.I'm 68 now and I have enjoyed the movies especially the Wrath of Khan and Voyage Home.The newer JJ Abrams take are really enjoyable with the casting of the main characters being spot on as younger versions of the original crew,especially Chris Pine as Kirk.I don't know if I'll worry much about Paramount correcting the missing lines in Khan.It doesn't seem so urgent to me now as it might have in the past.I used to raise a bit of hell back in the day if there was any deviation at all in movies at the theater on VHS,laser disc and DVD.I pick my battles more carefully now to cut back on the stress.I want to be around a bit longer to enjoy the newer technologies and restorations of old favorites that may make it on to blu ray and all.Sorry for babbling on.Movies have been my favorite thing for many years going back to the roadshows and all.Best wishes to all.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I saw the original series in 16mm while serving aboard the USS Enterprise in 1968&69.Gene Roddenberry had paid a visit while we waited to deploy.We watched them quite often during those two years.I'm 68 now and I have enjoyed the movies especially the Wrath of Khan and Voyage Home.The newer JJ Abrams take are really enjoyable with the casting of the main characters being spot on as younger versions of the original crew,especially Chris Pine as Kirk.I don't know if I'll worry much about Paramount correcting the missing lines in Khan.It doesn't seem so urgent to me now as it might have in the past.I used to raise a bit of hell back in the day if there was any deviation at all in movies at the theater on VHS,laser disc and DVD.I pick my battles more carefully now to cut back on the stress.I want to be around a bit longer to enjoy the newer technologies and restorations of old favorites that may make it on to blu ray and all.Sorry for babbling on.Movies have been my favorite thing for many years going back to the roadshows and all.Best wishes to all.

Welcome to the Forum
I saw several shows in 16mm prints at fan conventions

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I emailed them last night as well and no reply yet.

But call me irresponsible, or crazy. I'm actually thinking of keeping it. Or getting a second defective copy while I get the replacement. That way I can have the defective version too along with the corrected. Why? Why not?:blink:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I emailed them last night as well and no reply yet.

But call me irresponsible, or crazy. I'm actually thinking of keeping it. Or getting a second defective copy while I get the replacement. That way I can have the defective version too along with the corrected. Why? Why not?:blink:

You're keeping him?:)
et5.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I finally received a reply to my email about the replacement disc:

-----------------

Thank you for contacting us about the error on the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Director’s Cut Blu-ray release. It is always our intention to distribute the highest quality product and we would be happy to send you a replacement.

We will send a postage paid envelope to the name and address provided. Once you receive this, please enclose the entire product you purchased (including its casing and all printed materials) along with your mailing address and send the envelope back to us. Once we receive your package and verify that it is eligible for replacement, we will send you the corrected product.

We always appreciate receiving feedback from enthusiasts such as yourself and apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.

Again, thank you for your interest in our products and we look forward to continuing to bring you outstanding entertainment in the future.

Sincerely,

Returns Fulfillment Team

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I finally received a reply to my email about the replacement disc:

-----------------

Thank you for contacting us about the error on the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Director’s Cut Blu-ray release. It is always our intention to distribute the highest quality product and we would be happy to send you a replacement.

We will send a postage paid envelope to the name and address provided. Once you receive this, please enclose the entire product you purchased (including its casing and all printed materials) along with your mailing address and send the envelope back to us. Once we receive your package and verify that it is eligible for replacement, we will send you the corrected product.

We always appreciate receiving feedback from enthusiasts such as yourself and apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.

Again, thank you for your interest in our products and we look forward to continuing to bring you outstanding entertainment in the future.

Sincerely,

Returns Fulfillment Team

And Warner Brothers just sends out a new disc, without having you to send the disc let alone the packaging and printed material. SMH

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yep. Probably a good indication of very different corporate cultures.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the link handy but as I was contemplating purchasing this I ran across an article with I think it was the director of STII who hinted a 4K product was in the works. Rather than do the purchase/exchange rigmarole for the BD, I will just wait for the 4K UHD which I would hope will use the newly corrected master.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I don't have the link handy but as I was contemplating purchasing this I ran across an article with I think it was the director of STII who hinted a 4K product was in the works. Rather than do the purchase/exchange rigmarole for the BD, I will just wait for the 4K UHD which I would hope will use the newly corrected master.

Be sure to buy the JJ trek films on uhd.
Paramount has stated they will use those 2 titles to determine if they will release any additional uhd blu Ray titles. Including non Star Trek films.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The older version has far too much blue - to the point where all the colours on the console in the background are blue, as opposed to the mixture of blue and green on the newer disc.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah that's pretty damning right there. When one pic shows a mix of colors on the console and the other doesn't, that's when you know the blue push (for lack of a better term) was too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks