What's new

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Count me in for a directors cut of tmp on blu Ray. Im also interested In New transfers for the tos films!

There are several tv spots for wrath of khan that could've been included.
Was there more than one trailer for khan??

Stan

Senior HTF Member
True, I was quite snarky. I apologize. But to me, your comment about TMP was snarky. I understand it's not for everyone. There are plenty of films I don't like, but I don't wish they would be "dropped from the list and forgotten". Any film with its fans deserves proper home video treatment.

Besides, if TMP didn't do as well as it did, there wouldn't have even been a Wrath of Khan,

(to bring my mini-rant back on topic).

I also apologize. Just having a bad day and sometimes say things I shouldn't.

Strange that II, IV and even XI were pretty good films, but the odd numbered ones in the series weren't really all that great. Then we have that dreadful period with the Next Gen cast. On the other hand, the latest films with Chris Pine as Kirk are fantastic.

Once again, my opinion, others may disagree :rolleyes:

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Star Trek TMP is next? That one should just be dropped from the list and forgotten. Major disappointment. I saw it opening night in a theater with about 1,000 other people. The sound of the groans as the film ended was better than the movie.
The excellent music score makes up for the other shortcomings.

---------------

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Posting this here as well.....

Well folks----it's all over.

The MAJOR screw up I dreaded.

They lost a shot completely.
The shot where Sulu turns to Saavik and says, "May I remind the Captain..."

It's gone. It's the same shot where the Kobayashi Maru info disappears from the screen piece by piece.
They accidentally reused the earlier shot where Sulu says, "Course change projected."

I mean seriously. And now I am calling Bulshit that Meyer wanted those lines cut.
I'll bet it was a acrew up that they caught and just decided to call a Director's choice.

This is recall worthy, unless they claim it is also "a choice"

In any event it will hurt sales and that will affect the future releases.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Posting this here as well.....

Well folks----it's all over.

The MAJOR screw up I dreaded.

They lost a shot completely.
The shot where Sulu turns to Saavik and says, "May I remind the Captain..."

It's gone. It's the same shot where the Kobayashi Maru info disappears from the screen piece by piece.
They accidentally reused the earlier shot where Sulu says, "Course change projected."

I mean seriously. And now I am calling Bulshit that Meyer wanted those lines cut.
I'll bet it was a acrew up that they caught and just decided to call a Director's choice.

This is recall worthy, unless they claim it is also "a choice"

In any event it will hurt sales and that will affect the future releases.
http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/one-more-change-in-the-new-star-trek-wrath-of-khan-directors-cut/

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Hoping sell-through price on this is reflective of a restored 34 year-old film. Neil, any comment on the "glitch" observed during the Kobyashi Maru sequence that is being reported by some?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Hoping sell-through price on this is reflective of a restored 34 year-old film. Neil, any comment on the "glitch" observed during the Kobyashi Maru sequence that is being reported by some?

Yes - it's there in both the theatrical and Director's cut. Paramount is looking into and, if I had to guess, I'd say it's an error rather than a choice (but I want to hear from Paramount first). It's a few seconds and ultimately should be corrected, but I am honestly worried that this could affect future plans for the other movies so while I want a corrected disc, I want more for Paramount to understand the error and then have good sales that encourage them to keep going through the other titles.

But it's a wait-and-see game for Paramount right now.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would think an "uproar" will send a good message to Paramount. That people care about Star Trek.

Ted Van Duyn

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount Home Entertainment Email: [email protected]
Paramount Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParamountPics

If anyone has purchased these Blu-Rays and would like to see this fixed (It IS an error!), please contact Paramount.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I would think an "uproar" will send a good message to Paramount. That people care about Star Trek.

Or have the suits ask "WTF are we doing releasing physical discs when we can fix the HD stream online and our target audience - the under 30s - can watch it again online?"

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The under-30s are only watching the JJ Abrams movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks