What's new

Star Trek Goofs... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Name any you find and post 'em here :)

I may have noticed one in Best of Both Worlds, Part 2.

In the scene where Crusher Revives Locutus, she says, "Jean Luc". Look at the top of her head where the hair meets the scalp. You'll notice a shiny little fiber in the way. It's not a peice of her hair, because it's whiteish in color. I thought at first that this might be a spider web of some kind that went unnoticed on the set, but find that doubtfull. But then, in the next scene, they show a peice of equipment on Locutus head moving. This was probably the wiring mechanism used to make that move....

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The one that comes to mind is from "All Good Things" (TNG):

Data states that all three tachyon beams that are causing the anomaly originated from the Enterprise but one actually came from the med ship, the Pasteur.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Not sure if I'm getting what you're describing, but I think that the female characters on Enterprise, with the exception of Denise Crosby, wore wigs for the show. Easier to make up a wig and strap it on, than to spend hours in a makeup chair. So maybe you're just seeing part of the netting that she wore to keep her natural hair flat under the wig.

There are websites with all goofs chronicles, but the big one IMO is the last scene of YESTERDAY'S ENTERPRISE on Next Gen. THis is the episode which largely takes place in an alternate-timeline where Tasha Yar was still alive and everyone wore a kind of more militaristic versions of their uniforms. In this last scene, which takes place after the timeline has been restored and everything is back to normal, Guinan (Whoopie Goldberg) asks Geordi to tell her what he remembers about Tasha Yar.

In this scene if you look closely you'll notice that Geordi is still wearing the uniform worn in the alternate timeline!

Possibly the clothes washer or dryers on the Enterprise has some kind of conduit to the other dimension, just as our washers and dryers make socks vanish.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
In Space Seed where the big three are busting Khan's sleep chamber open on the Botany Bay, Kirk's phaser falls to the floor. Even though it is out of frame, you can see McCoy keeps glancing down at it, wondering if the take is still good.

And the biggest goof for me is how does Khan recognise Chekov (in Wrath of Khan) when he wasn't in the show's first season! It really took me out of the moment when first seeing it in the theater.

Ric

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Walter Koenig offered a great and hilarious explanation for that one time. I think there was a link to it somewhere on www.startrek.com but I'm not sure where. Anyone have a direct link?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Walter Keonig's famous explaination you hear him say is that he was in the bathroom and ran into Khan there. But the other explaination is that Chekov was not assigned on the bridge yet.

For a really good source for Star Trek Bloopers are a series of books that are called Nitpickers Guide for Classic Trekkers, Nitpicker's Guide to Star Trek The Next Gen and Nitpickers Guide to Star Trek DS9. The books are full of humourous comments about these situations and he finds all kinds of plot holes, though you know it's done with tongue in cheek and respect. These books may be hard to find and are likely out of print. There is a website too by the same guy, Phil Farrand.

Nitcentral

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

As I remember it was along the lines of his holding up the bathroom for an ungodly amount of time and when he finally comes out Khan says to him "Yoooou....I'll never forget your face!":)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
They goofed when they put Berman and Braga in charge and made Voyager and the first three seasons of Enterprise almost unwatchable!

How about none of the crew noticing that Savick totally changed from Star Trek 2 to 3.

I'm being silly. Its friday!

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Mikel, aside from the fact that I think Berman saved TNG from Rodenberry and I thought season three of ENT was good, I think your observations are great.

I think the Klingons should have killed Saavik v2.0 for her hairstyle alone, but I guess they where more offended by David's bad perm.

I'm also being silly.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
True....they never noticed that she actually started behaving like a Vulcan!;)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The persistent goof that drives me nuts across all Star Treks and spin-offs is light weapons:

(1) You can see the 'light bullets' coming out of the phasers, etc. When did you last see a bullet come out of a gun? And a bullet is travelling way slower than a light beam. The nearest analogy we have is a torch - anyone ever seen the light beam from a torch move out when the torch is switched on?

(2) The special effects guys persist in showing photon torpedoes et al coming out of a spaceship in a fanning-out pattern. These torpedoes are being aimed at a target some distance away (often many kilometres away). Just how does a fanning-out shooting pattern work, please? It seems to guarantee that the weapons will fire way to the left and right of the target. To make an analogy, suppose you were trying to shoot a target directly in front of you with guns held simultaneously in your left and right hands. Unless the target was truly enormous, you'd point the guns to converge on the target, not point both guns outwards either side of the target.

However, by far the biggest goof of all time was the inclusion of Wesley Crusher. Nothing can describe my joy when he left the series.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Thanks, Will; that had me on the floor. I actually didn't think Nemesis was horrible, but it was certainly lacking, and some of those captions were pretty dead-on.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
"Cool. I'm a 60-year-old man and I'm single-handedly wiping out the entire crew of this ship! This is like playing Quake with "God mode" turned on."

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Kevin:

They almost did; if you remember, the dagger was raised behind her back, but then David jumped in and saved her.

I agree with the other posts; I prefered Kirstie Alley's proper half Vulcan, half Romulan portrayal better.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
As I recall, the whole story about Lt. Saavik being half Vulcan half Romulan was (as far as I remember) a fan boy invention after the fact to excuse Alley's incorrect portrayal of emotion in a vulcan....I may be wrong but you can search all of StarTrek.com and never find anything officially saying that she was a half breed, the only sites that state this are fan sites, nothing official by any writer of WOK or ST was ever (again, as far as I know) stated in this regard.

.....jesus....am I a nerd?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks