What's new

Star Trek Generations CE DVD?? (2 Viewers)

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Looks like I spoke too soon: today's e-mail from DVD Empire:
quote:Dear Customer

Yesterday we emailed you about the recall of Star Trek Generations: The Special Edition. Today that recall has been lifted. We will reinstate the release date of 9/7/2004 and your order will ship as it normally does.

We do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience

DVD Empire

CameronS

Supporting Actor
quote:Cameron, if you haven't been following this thread:

[url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...threadid=206793]http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...threadid=206793[/url]

I suggest you read the whole thing.

It seems like we are finally getting the studio's attention on the issue of poor transfers, specifically WRT EE and lack of detail in the image.

Ted

Awesome, thanks Ted. I will check that out. And it's a Robert Harris thread, no less!

I was excited when I heard of the Generations recall. Man, I got my hopes up for nothing!.
frown.gif

Britton

Screenwriter
You can see the previews for Generations here.
I had forgotten how great the trailers were for this movie. It really is a shame the dvd doesn't have them. How could anyone have not gone into this movie thinking it would be amazing based on them?

Just to let you know the regular region2 PAL non-CE of this movie (wich is anamorphic) has no edge-enhancement problem. The CE will come out this week, I will look if it's has the same problem as the region1.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Was there ever a HTF review of the Collector's Edition of the Star Trek Genreations DVD? I can't seem to find it. And don't tell me the search engine is my friend. I've tried this forum as well as the archived review forum...

Thanks!

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Cool, thanks! I don't know why that didn't come up when I searched, I tried "Generations" and "Star Trek" and the review itself never came up...

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator
On the featurette "Visual Effects - Crashing the Enterprise" did anyone else's copy show lines and blips on the screen during some of the outdoor parts where they showed the prep work for the crashing of the model. I think its on the video source used to make this featurette, but I wanted to confirm this isn't a problem with my copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks