What's new

Star Trek: First Contact Special Edition Laserdisc (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I was watching my battered old Widescreen VHS copy of Star Trek: First Contact (I only kept it cos it had a cool hologram cover - why don't more DVD covers have holograms?) this morning and remembered a conversation I had years ago when I first got into Home Theater and DVD: a friend was telling me about a Laserdisc version of ST: First Contact that he'd seen that conrtained some amazing deleted scenes, and superb extra features. Was there ever such an edition? If so, why is the current DVD so bare-bones? Is there any plans to re-release it?... Or did I just imagine that conversation? :)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
As far as a USA release is concerned, there ain't no such animal. I'm looking at my LD copy right now and it's just your standard, run-of-the-mill Paramount release - not even a trailer.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Damn! So I guess I just imagined it then! Why don't Paramount release SEs in the manner of the upcoming Motion Picture SE. Given the attitude of ST fans to re-buying the same movies/episodes over and over again, I think they would all sell rather well!

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I think that Paramount is going to do that. After TMP, there is going to be The Wrath of Khan for next year, and the others are sure to follow after that. It may be some time before they get to First Contact, but chances are that we'll see one in a few years - there are 5 other movies between Khan and FC
Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks