What's new

Star Trek: Enterprise Season 4 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think it was S2, Sam. I didn't pick that up until right around the beginning of the year for that reason. Then it dropped.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, this is a really unfortunate release as all my local Best Buys say they are out of stock on this set. So I may be forced to go the Amazon route. Best Buy must have only stocked up a few sets per store. And Fry's has it for $91.00.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I believe you can order from the BB web site with free shipping.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nelson Au said:
Well, this is a really unfortunate release as all my local Best Buys say they are out of stock on this set. So I may be forced to go the Amazon route. Best Buy must have only stocked up a few sets per store. And Fry's has it for $91.00.
Don't feel too bad, Nelson. Only three of ten stores within 30 miles of me have any left based on their website. This is BB we're talking about...so they probably all stocked two copies and they're hiding somewhere inside a refrigerator...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ha, ha! Thats true Jason, I once went there to get the original Robocop blu ray and the website said they had stock, but they were nowhere to be found and the blueshirt kid said they should have them, but he couldn't find it. Thanks Sam, Travis, I'll look at ordering it via the website.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Picked up the copy I reserved from Moviestop today, and they did indeed price match Best Buy.

Normally, Amazon has the better deal, but I had some store credit to burn so I reserved it a couple weeks back. This time, it worked like a charm, since Amazon went all stupid about the price this time out.

And to those still wanting it from Best Buy, but with no copies available... it is $59.99 on the website, with free shipping on orders over $25. So, that's your best bet. Don't even bother asking the blueshirts to order it for you instore, because basically all they'll do is order it for you through their website and have it shipped to your home, so why not cut out the middle man?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I went to the Best Buy site to make the order and it was a real pain. I guess my old Rewards Card membership is defunct now and I had to sign up for another Best a Buy membership to even make an order. The good news is that I got the order in for the sale price and the surprise is my local Best Buy has stock, so I opted for the in -store pick up assuming I get a confirmation they have it there. While the site now says my local store does have stock, I won't really believe it till it's in my hands. The other nice thing was they accept PayPal.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just to close the loop, I picked up Enterprise at Best Buy tonight at the pick-up desk. The good is I got it, the bad for us OCD types is that they pasted a huge sticker of a computer print out with my name and order info on the slip cover! If it was on the shrink wrap, I would not care, but on the slip case, that really spoils it. I'll peel it off hopefully without incident.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

May your journey be free of incident. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Is the slipcase shiny or does it have more of a matte finish? In my experience, BB price tags usually peel off of the shiny ones relatively easily (as long as there isn't some kind of foil on it) but the matte ones can be a lot more difficult to pull off without messing up the slipcase.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Travis, the Next Generation slipcovers are matte. But as you said, the Best Buy tags do peel off with care. The sticker they stuck on the Enterprise slipcover and price tag both came off cleanly with care. :) The Enterprise slipcover is mildly glossy as it's coated. So I'm happy about its successful removal. However, there is a price tag from Fry's Electronics on a TNG slipcover, which is matte, but I think it's coated as well. The adhesive on that price label is very aggressive. And the paper used on those price tag labels are cheap paper with the pricing printed on a computer. That label tears as you try to remove it. So it's slow going and tedious as one tries to carefully remove it without damaging the slipcover. I'm about 3/4 done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks