What's new

Star Trek: Enterprise 2/11/'04 "Harbinger" (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I actually think the Trip/T'Pol relationship could be a good thing. It could be good storytelling about the first human-vulcan relationship and how it effects human-vulcan relations in grand scheme.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had fun with this episode, and I enjoyed it for what it was.

The verbal bantering was fun for the two story arcs involving T’Pol and Tripp and Reed and Hayes. That was what made it fun to watch for me. While the outcome was predicted, it was enjoyable to watch it get there. I didn’t expect they would have T’Pol experience the female version of Pon Farr. I'm sure someone will feel that a Vulcan woman is not going to do what she did here, and I'm a big believer in continuity, but I don't believe anything was violated here. They just did something kind of extreme here. It will be interesting if they keep Tripp hanging on this thread.

On the bad side, I was hoping that Tripp would show more of his dark side because of his sister's death, it seems that thread was dropped by T'Pol's "help".

And I had a good laugh too when Reed asked if they were dismissed! They looked liked they were really enjoying themselves.

I agree that the alien was a Suliban, maybe Future Guy (?) And he must be involved in driving the Xindi down this path. The last line by him was hard to hear, but the show’s ending had the same creepy feel as DS9’s “The Adversary” when Odo heard the dying Founder say that they are everywhere. That last bit definitely brought the show's level back up to the Xindi arc.

Funny one Ric, I knew someone would bite.;) I wonder if Amanda will be back.

Edit, Not that too many here would care about this, but I was wondering what happened as the girl who is Amanda here is new. Weren't they supposed to be using an actress named Julia Rose to portray a MACO named Mackenzie? I recall the drooling going on for her here. Amanda is nice though.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I looked at that site with the ratings. Ouch. That has taken more of a dive than I thought. Does this mean Berman will get the boot soon????

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought the alien was a Suliban at first, too, but obviously not. I mean, the crew would have recognized it as such. Here's another possibility, inspired more from the fact that I just watched the episode in question before watching Harbinger: could he be related to the aliens from TNG's "Schisms?" After all, they were not only transdimensional, but they were in a script written by Braga. :D They didn't look absolutely the same, but the Schisms aliens were hooded. And, it could just be a makeup change.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I thought this was one of the more enjoyable episodes that I've seen this season. Archer acted like a Captain, there was great verbal bantering going on, and a T'Pol got her Vulcan freak on.

I liked it!

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I just got a chance to watch this episode, and enjoyed it. Not the best Enterprise episode I've seen, but not bad at all, considering the multiple storylines.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've enjoyed Enterprise since the first episode, and although I believe that there is definate room for improvement, my perspective is that some people have made up their minds to dislike the show, no matter what. Kind of like it's the "in" thing to do...

Frankly, I find Enterprise to be as enjoyable in it's third season as every other Trek show that's been given as much time to mature. I look forward to seeing where the writers plan on taking us.

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks