What's new

Star Trek: Enterprise 2/11/'04 "Harbinger" (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
episode title: "Harbinger"
episode number: #67
original airdate: February 11, 2004
director: David Livingston
story: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
script: Manny Coto
synopsis: An alien saved from an anomaly is brought onboard Enterprise and Archer tries to learn what he was doing. Reed and Major Hayes face off against each other during intense training. And Trip begins spending time with Amanda Cole.

Doesn't sound at all promising. One more step down the dreary road to season's end or . . . . ?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Enjoy, suckers!

I mean, even beyond the B&B writing credit, it sounds like one of those boring "all-subplot" comics. Not that I want to root for disastrous ratings, but if it leads to B&B finally being given gold watches and sent on their way...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The extent of my participation in the Enterprise experience is monitoring the Neilsen numbers. I'm betting this one will come in at #106 or lower.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I dont think Ive seen anything like this on Television before.
Oh my god.
This may shoot the ratings back up to 100.

Roger_R

Second Unit
"Reed and Major Hayes face off against each other during intense training." - I was waiting for this to happen. Now if they put this into a dangerous mission instead of the soap opera stuff, we might have a good episode.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
IMHO they should do a couple of "Elite Force" type missions with the marines. Have them boarding ships to get information, ground assaults, fighting their way in and out. Some real action to heat things up, lots of mindless violence...:D

John Swarce

Second Unit
What did the alien say to Archer at the end of the episode? My kids decided to have a yelling match at that point of the show, and I missed it.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I liked it, but then again I didn't watch the previews or the synopsis which you all evidently did. Nor did I care about the ratings, beyond hoping they'll keep the show in business.

This episode had three stories rather than the usual two, and still seemed to have time to develop all the characters who were involved in the stories, plus possibly reveal the true face of the enemy of the entire Xindi storyline. Well done all around.

However the preview for next week, which I watch, looked like a carbon copy of a 7of9 episode of Voyager - exact same plot, at least according to the preview.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
John, he said, "when the Xindi destroy Earth, my species will flourish" or something along the lines of flourish. Leaving the mystery of - did his species trick the Xindi into getting rid of the Earth?

And didn't his species appear to be related to the Rock man from the Fantastic 4? Neat.

RickGr

Second Unit
The alien said my race or species will prevail. I had to turn on the close caption during a replay on the tivo to get what he said. The audio was unclear at best. WHat it does show is this race are the ones behind the xindi, pulling the strings so to speak.

derek

Second Unit
I couldn't make out those last two words either from the dying alien. Musta replayed the line 10 times with my ReplayTV and still couldn't figure it out (should have turned on CC!)
I thought the episode was great. The 3 storylines as someone said was handled deftly. I really enjoyed the jealosy plotline and watching TPol's Vulcan reactions was priceless. Tripp and Tpol's witty jealousy banter was quite a treat. Too bad they had to end it with a meaningless immoral bedroom romp and a wistful 'lets forget it'...talk about cliched.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Well, I enjoyed it. Could T'Pol be any more hypocritical? :laugh: But the best parts of the show (from a dialogue perspective, ahem) were Malcolm's wonderfully sneery comments (Dominic Keating on top form). And that last line "Do you think we're dismissed?" was hilarious!

The alien subplot (sorry, main plot) wasn't particularly engaging. I wonder if the Suliban have any relation to the phase-shifting aliens in the TNG 2-parter "Time's Arrow" (which Picard and co. happily wiped out)...?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
When T'Pol starts giving the other hottie a rubdown, I ceased to care and just said "Now we're talkin! Gene Rodden-who?"

Ric

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
It appears they may chalk up the Tucker-T'Pol tryst as just a "casual sex" moment and not one of those moments in a series life that may cause the show to "jump the shark". i guess its pretty obvious now that Tucker has been assign the role of jumping into bed with every alien species they encounter. Maybe that's a homage to Capt. Kirk, but technically, he doesn't exist yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks