What's new

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yikes! I never even heard of a .sit file! I don't have a MAC either and am not even sure I can get my hands on one. But I can give it a try... Thanks David.

Ric

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Ric
a SIT file is for Stuff-It a mac based file compression utility. There is a free version of the expander for windows available here.

Probably a good tool to have since so many people use Macs for graphics.

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Ric

For all you have done for us, I should have downloaded the tool for you! Heh...

I used to work in a combined Mac/PC shop, once Quark and Photoshop were up to snuff on the PC they went PC only and never looked back. But we needed tools like this all the time. I actually still miss one Mac only editor called BBEdit. (I also want to play with the new Mac OS, but I digress.)

I finally got some septuple cases in and have printed the Supplemental disc cover for TNG, will you be wating until the end to do DS9 as well. For now my 2 bonus discs are in a blank one.

Thanks again,

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, here's the funny thing...I JUST went to download that free .SIT expander (thanks for providing the link!), and saw that the full name was StuffIT Expander, and then in my download folder found that I already HAD a StuffIT Expander! :eek:

I had just never used it. So I installed it, and pulled the graphic out. It works, and looks a bit better than the version you posted. The graphic is also 2331x3000x16.7million resolution, and a 1.52 MB file.

.ZIPped it's...1.52 MB!

.SITted it's...1.62 MB! Yep, BIGGER!

So, Ric, I'm about to e-mail that to you in just .JPG format, since it doesn't make a difference. I could resize it, but I don't know what you want/need. IIRC, you are on broadband and not dialup, so this ought to be okay.

If you're on dialup, I apologize for what I'm about to do to you! :D

I just sent it...once I looked at your e-mail address, I realized you use Road runner. :wink:

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Ric, maybe someone already suggested this, but:

Have you ride asking paramount for some hi-res pics? It may be a long-shot, but I doubt they actually have something against the alternate cover-art.

--Anders

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would think that a studio would not want to openly support such a thing, because their legal dept. would view it as a weakening of their position as the "owners" of the art and property and all that.

I think the best we can hope for is that the studios continue to look the other way!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OK here we go...Season 2!

Large Version

Large Version

Notice the insert is purple this time instead of blue. This does not mean I am going to go thru the whole spectrum. I am not really doing the color coding thing with these as I have done with Next Gen. I just wanted to change it up a little. I think blue and purple work well with DS9, but I doubt the orange, yellow and the rest would work out as background colors for the insert cards.

I'll send them to Parker in the next day or so... Find those typos now!

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Are torsos ok? If I chop off the noggins? Seriously, maybe if after they're all done, I'll see about doing a second set sans the crew if there is enough of a call for them.

Ric

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Those are excellent covers just like the TNG ones.

I have created a webpage here that shows the region 2 packahing for DS9, just like I did in the TNG cover thread. They have changed the inside packaging slightly from the TNG packaging and I think it is for the better.

I thought people in R1 may like to know what packaging Europe and I believe R4 has for DS9.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Got it Christian, thanks! That's a bad one! I copied and pasted it from a website! Obviously, I need to look at things more carefully!

Thanks for the link Nicholas. If they were releasing them like that over here, I doubt I would be doing this!

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I also have to say, I do like the fact that Paramount's present design takes up less shelf space than the Next Gen sets (...and my own sets) Seeing how space is a big issue for many of us, I would imagine that there will be many more sticking with the present R1 design. It's really not all that bad, I just like to see pictures, not schematics!

Ric

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I for one Ric very much hope that you continue making covers up thru the end of the "Voyager" series. I cannot stand the packaging that Paramount is using. Thanks for your efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks