What's new

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Alternate Cover Art (2 Viewers)

Andrew D F

Stunt Coordinator
Ric,

:emoji_thumbsup:

I think you are indeed on to something. I very much like that new one.

Keep up the great work!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well looks like my efforts with the collage might have paid off, thanks! (Though I still haven't heard from regulars Frank Anderson and Dave Scarpa! ...Maybe their mothers told them if they don't have anything nice to say...)

Much to Jeff's chagrin, I may try to continue in this vein, at least for the majority of the covers. My main problem will be getting suitable pix from each season. Most of these I got from StarTrek.com's Deep Space Nine Episode section. But the shots were fairly small and the choices for the third season were not really what I was looking for. So I will probably have to wait until I'm in possesion of the seasons before I go ahead and work on the cover.

Also, one of the kind members has offered me a deal on the Season sets (including the Bonus discs!), but I probably won't be seeing them until a week or two after release. Then I would have to wade thru the episodes looking for appropriate screenshots. For example, along with the Defiant, I may try to fit in a shot of that ancient Bajoran ship that Sisko built and flew with Jake in "Explorers". Then it would also probably be easier for me to fit Jake into the cover.

With all that, it could take up to a month after the release dates until seasons 3-7 are ready.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinkin!

Ric

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Rick, honestly, if you change the border to gold (instead of the fruity purple :) ) And got rid of the characters it'd be gorgeous

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
And now we know why Jeff's name didn't come up in my last post! :D I thought I was startting to win him over,until he wanted the characters out as well!

BTW, I tried to tone down the fruitiness of the purple on the border in the second shot. I thought I may try different colors for the borders and this one seemed to match the picture. Though I have yet to see what it will look like with the continuing spine design around it instead of the black (see cover 1).

Ric

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Rick -

Since I plan on getting all seven seasons of DS9, I vote for the second one.

Now, to find time to watch the series. I have only been able to get thru the first disc...

I love your work...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hiya Ric

I'm still watching this topic but I have'nt said too much because I'm going to be staying with the Boxes Paramount issued this time around. But if you'd like my feedback I like the collages and I believe they are more in spirit with the nature of the show , which is definately more of an ensemble than TNG was. If I was going to use them I use the collages

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
(Though I still haven't heard from regulars Frank Anderson and Dave Scarpa! ...Maybe their mothers told them if they don't have anything nice to say...)
Ric,
Both look really great. I like both of them the same. I can tell a LOT of work was done on putting the second one together. On the other hand, I could also go with a simpler version as well. So it wasn't so much that I did not have anything nice to say, it was more that what ever you come up with I would like and use, let the true DS9 fans decide.

DS9 is probably my least favorite Star Trek series and I am not so opinionated about it like I was TNG. It was only in season 3 or 4 that I really started to like it. I will get every season and watch every episode just because it's Star Trek. What I am thankful for is that you are doing the covers again... for two main reasons: 1. Uniformity in case size and shape 2. The DS9 cases really suck. While I still don't like TNG cases I would have liked it if they kept the same style when doing DS9.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys,

I'm having a little trouble finding a cast shot from season 2. This is the only one I could come up with, and it's pretty poor quality.

I have been scouring the net and cannot find a better one for the second season. Any help you may be able to offer would be much appreciated. If I cannot find a suitable shot, I will have to go with something else.

Ric

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Do you want a better shot, or would you accept a better copy of THAT shot? I believe I can provide one; I'd have to check, though.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Can you use it in a .SIT file instead of a .ZIP file? I can't open a .SIT archive file (it's Macintosh) to transfer it out, and that's all I've got.

Obviously, I can't guarantee that it's a good pic in there...but I don't have a reason to believe it's not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks