What's new

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Looks awesome Ric!

I'll be picking up season one t'morrow (PAYDAY! YAY!) so I'll see the Paramount packaging then. I'm guessing I'll be using your covers though Ric! They'll look great right next to my Easton-TNG covers! :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I tried to give these sets more of a DS9 feel by using the Cardasian type shatter frames. I obviously abandoned my idea of the front logo cutting the picture in half. Hopefully it will work as well with the subsequent seasons. Maybe I'll try to reinstitute that idea with the Voyager sets, who knows? I will probably keep the inserts looking pretty much the same, including the color. I imagine I'll just be replacing the small pictures along with the text. I could replace the small shot of the station with a runabout and then The Defiant, but after taht, I'm afraid I don't know what I could use that would make any sense.

As for Farscape... I really like their present covers and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do any better. I would probably just pick the best looking covers and re-use them. Farscape also presents some other problems. The first season consists of 11 DVDs. The second season and I presume the following have 10 per season. That means that the first season would have to be split up into a 6 and 5 disc case, while all the others would fit into 5 disc cases (two per season). That means that one of the volumes spines would be wider than the rest.

ADV keeps changing the way they are releasing them, so who knows what they will do next. It also doesn't help that several of the episodes are out of order with their latest release.

Back to DS9... I may try to come up with that supplemental case sooner rather than later, since those thicker DVD holders would not easily fit into the the insert section inside those Amaray cases.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I wrote my above post before I saw Jeff's latest on Farscape sets. Good luck buddy! I'll be anxious to see the final results.

Ric

Andrew D F

Stunt Coordinator
An option for Farscape...

ADV has commited to 10 discs for Season 3 and we know, based on number of episodes, that Season 4 will be either 10 discs or 11 discs (probably 10). An option would therefore be to re-package it as a series, rather than by season. Much like Ric's TOS work.

As a series, Farscape would take either five 7-disc cases plus a 6-disc case, or six 7-disc cases. Either way, the spines would all be the same width.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
...and that's why it's not downloadable yet, I need you guys to catch the spelling errors! I'll get it fixed and send it to Parker in the next day or so.

Ric

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ric sent me the coverart and they are downloadable via the Star Trek DVD Cover Art button as with the TOS and TNG coverart.

Parker

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Another BIG 'Thank-You' for this great cover. :D
Will you be using the official cast picture for each season on the backside of the cover ?
You didn't use them on the TNG covers - but with all the changes in uniforms, cast members and appearences I think it would be a good idea to always use the official group picture for the back covers of the DS9 sets.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I think I'll be sticking with official cast shots for the back covers (if I can find them all). The front covers will probably be groupings mixed with some kind of Station/Defiant pic from here on out. I've even been thinking of having a Villans cover for one of the later seasons. Maybe put Dukat, Weyoon and a Jem Hadar or that female founder on season 6. Isn't that the season where the bad guys had taken over the station for a bit?

On a sad note, one of my favorite picture sources just went under! Star Trek: The Magazine just announced that their latest issue will be their last.

Not only have I used cast and ship shots from this mag, I also enjoyed their season by season coverage of the TNG sets as they came out. I was looking forward to them doing the same thing with DS9. Yeah, I know... I'm a ST nerd... tried and true!

Anyway, it's gonna be harder for me to find quality shots in the future, so keep your eyes open for me, will ya?

Ric

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Sorry for coming in late, but where exactly can these be downloaded from? I am kind new here. :)

Thanks a million, and these covers rock!

Zack

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I need a little advice here... though I may be opening up a can O' worms...

Just cuz I was already into it, I started designing the cover for season 2... Y'know, that whole noggin thing...

Larger Version

Then I decided to try something totally different, kind of a collage sort of thing...

Larger Version

Am I on to something here or not? I liked it when I first came up with it, But that was late last night and now it's hard to be objective. I was able to fit everyone in but Jake, I couldn't come up with a shot of him that would work with the rest, so he would have to come later. This might also be a better way of dropping some villain faces in... Maybe not all at once, but dropping them in here and there.

Please let me know what you think. Either way, I hope there is a clear winner (for obvious reasons)

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks