What's new

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Y'know what? The R2 packaging looks cool in those pics (and thanks for posting them Nicholas!) but they look like they are just as much of a pain to get into as the R1 packaging. I hate these huge gatefolds.
Getting the discs out is not that bad. At least, I know the discs are more protected in the plastic case compared to the X Files for instance. They also come of the centre hubs much easier than normal.

I cannot get the 7 disc cases in the UK and if I order then from the US they work out too expensive for me to get. so I am glad I like the proper packaging.

The menus for R1 and R2 have been the same so far. So here are the R2 DS9 Menus.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to your cover Ric. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I watched the extras and the first disc last night. Pretty decent. Unlike TNG I will watch all of the DS9 episodes in order.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I actually like these DS9 cases alot better than those awful Acordion TNG cases so I think I'll be sticking with them. But good luck on your cases Ric I look forward to what you come up with.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I think the DS9 cases are worse than the Next Generation ones. The material is cheaper & the construction is not as sturdy.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I decided on the season number design for the spine.

Though I'm sure some of you will object, I went with the little silver station symbol with the gold number. It's number 3 in the picture below.

There are several reasons I went with this instead of the combadges. First, they didn't use the same combadge thru all 7 seasons. Also, it's not just Starfleet. We've got a bunch of Bajorans on a Cardassian made station. In the end, I thought it should be something that does not single out one particular faction.

I have been working on the cover and insert. I made a few changes with the front design, hopefully for the better. I should have something to post soon... maybe by 11pm eastern tonight. Though I'm in agreement with Dave Scarpa... I don't think there will be as big an interest in these covers as my earlier efforts. I got my season one last night, and even though I wasn't impressed with the pictures I saw posted... I actually like the case. I may even stick with it myself. It's also thinner than those 6 and 7 disc Amarays. Their spine will probably get wider when they add a seventh disc for the rest of the seasons... but it looks like they will still be thinner than the Amarays. So... as it turns out... I may be making them for nobody! I hope I have the gumption to finish them!

Ric

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, there's no spine lable or numbers from what I've seen. That's enough of a turnoff for me ;(

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
So... as it turns out... I may be making them for nobody! I hope I have the gumption to finish them
Ric, you would not be making them for nobody! I truly want them. What can I say or do to persuade you to follow thru? Here is hoping that you do them, if only for me.

Peter Miller

Agent
Ric, I'm also one who is looking forward to using your design for the DS9 DVD's. I'm already using your TNG covers and I can't wait for the DS9 ones!

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Ric,

I joined this thread late, but I would have voted for the #3 logo (from the above post) instead of the combadges. Good choice and great work!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Here's the first season cover...

Bigger version

And the insert...

Bigger version

Here's what the spine looks like with the changes...

Bigger version

Hope you like them.

I still don't know if I will be using them. But if some of you folks continue to do so, I'll keep makin' em! Besides, I need to get more credits at DVD Cover Art. ;)

Barring any problems, I will upload the hi-rez versions to Parker in the next day or so.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'll do one for the supplementals. But probably not til I get a few of these under my belt. I expect the spine to just be a starfield since the case will be on the other side of the Station.

Ric

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if all the DS9 sets are 6 discs or 7 disc sets??

If they are all 6 discs you could simply put the Supplemental disc in a 7 disc with its proper season.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks