What's new

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Tony! The last two DS9 covers and inserts (season 7 and the Archives) are now up and ready to be downloaded from this page

As always, my thanks go out to Parker and the rest of the HTF, who have been kind enough to host them!!

Ric

Blu

Screenwriter
You can see the Voyager covers on Amazon now for pre order.

They look kind of funky and not very ST like.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Great Ric!!

Thanks as always and I do look forward to your Voyager covers, but alas another $700 to spend!

Greg

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
700 Bucks! Pshaw! Maybe this will make it easier until I start the official thread...

I still want to wait until at least a few seasons have been released, but I couldn't resist playing.

Ric

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Wow.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Since you want to go with a big VOYAGER on the spine, have you thought of maybe giving each letter its own cover? V-O-Y-A-G-E-R .. seven letters, seven covers
:D I think a bigger title would look nicer. :D

More seriously, where did you find the background image? Or is that a trade secret? :) ;)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
WOW!!!

That looks very nice!!

While I do REALLY LIKE WHAT I SEE, I noticed you have taken a departure from your other designs ...... On the STOS, STTNG, STDS9 covers -- each case had the name of the series at the top and this spine shot does not.

I am not saying I don't like this(considering the fact that I really do like it) but any reason you went away with this idea??

PS - I do like the look!!

Have you thought of using the Caretaker station, the Badlands, or a Species 8472 ship on the spine or are these going to be on the actual covers??

Unlike many others on this forum I am looking forward to this release!! DS9 was what I really wanted but this is a close second with TNG.

Thanks for th effor Ric!!

Greg

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

Yes it is a bit of a departure with the spine title. I didn't want to go the vertical route that I did with TNG because it would cut across too much of the visuals. I made horizontal versions (which I will try post later tonight when I get home from work) but because the first spine is only the width of a 5 disc case, they were looking kind of small. The reason I didn't use big VOYAGER letters all the way across, is becuase Jeff did, I also thought it might interfere with the pic and there really wouldn't be enough room to add "Star Trek" above it.

Jeff, I swiped the backgound from the internet... I did a search for "Space Art" and that's what I came up with.

As for more ships, I don't know. I don't want it to become too cluttered... maybe on the backs or the fronts I would also would need to find good quality photos of those other ships). That one in the upper left corner is a Kazon ship.

Anyway, It's just a preview, but I kind of like it!

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Here was my attempt at putting ST: Voyager on every spine.

I also tried putting the little logos on the bottom, just above the combadges. Neither version was working for me. So I think I will probably go with the big blue Voyager logo. I changed the logo from gold to blue because I thought it went well with the deflector dish!

As I have said, I think I'm still several months away, but I really like the spine design with the bigger logo. I'll just have to be extra careful that the letters line up correctly when putting the spines together. Pictures are a little more forgiving.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Great! See you in a few months in a new Voyager thread. Maybe by that time I'll figure out what to do with the fronts and backs!

Ric

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Just had to say... like the big blue title better than all the little gold ones. :)

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ric for the last DS9 cover.

As my R2 discs are cracking, I had to replace the R2 packaging with Amaray cases. I hope you do Voyager,I will want it in the same style as TNG and DS9. ;)

I like your spine cover.

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Ric

Would is be ok for me to convert your covers to suit a double amaray case?

They are for my own personal use and won't be available for downloading.

I have done a picture of what DS9 looks like. It uses your front and back covers with my own spine.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Just stopped by to say "WOW"! Really, great work. I can hardly wait! (are you still planning on doing two separate season 1s and 2s, American and European? esp. the inlay? ;) )

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Ric,

Stick with the first spine shot, it looks MUCH BETTER IMHO.

Also I beg of you to do this with the first case being the 6 disc width. I be a little anal here but I want them all to be the same size!!

Besides there is only like 50 cents (or less) difference between the price of the 5 and 6 disc cases.

Greg

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Nicholas,
Nice job. You're welcome to use them for wallpaper if you want! Just as long as they don't show up on the web as your own. Too bad you gotta lose the spine pic though! To me, that's the best feature! But I understand about some, especially overseas who can't get the Multi Alphapaks.

And speaking of overseas, Alex, yes there will be two separate covers for the first season. Region one's will fit a fiver and region two will fit a sixer. The first two seasons will have separate inserts to reflect the correct episodes.

And Greg, You can use region 2's cover for your set. That's probably what I'll do, since I like them all to be the same width. I won't have the region designation printed on the actual covers, since I have never bothered with that before.

Ric

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Ric Easton wrote,
Nice job. You're welcome to use them for wallpaper if you want! Just as long as they don't show up on the web as your own. Too bad you gotta lose the spine pic though! To me, that's the best feature! But I understand about some, especially overseas who can't get the Multi Alphapaks.
Thanks.

The multi Aphapacks are not available in the UK and they are really expensive to import from the US.

I created a thread about the R2 DS9 sets on another forum. I mentioned that I made some custom covers and someone wanted some pics to see. I will make it clear that you did the artwork. I haven't posted the link yet.

The R2 packaging has been redesigned to stop the discs from cracking. It was what I thought, and was the disc holders. However, it doesn't solve the problem of the older discs being in the old packaging.

I also had to do a similar cover with TNG.

They will still not be available for downloading.

Is this link ok?

DS9 covers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks