What's new

Star Trek Animated Series / Enterprise?? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I know there is a ton of Star Trek product slated for this year (Voyager sets, TOS sets, and Generations CE). I would imagine 2005 would be a great time to do the Animated Series on DVD? Anyone know about this series?

Also, would Enterprise be considered in 2005? Maybe even before The Animated Series?

Thanks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I forgot about TAS! I would think the poll on Star Trek.com would have an effect on Paramount to consider releasing it. They are running out of Trek material quickly!

If I were to guess, they'd release Enterprise S1 late 2005. But after seeing some episodes on the TAS laserdisc box set recently, it could use a remaster to improve it's video quality. So maybe it's later in 2005 instead?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that might be a VHS box from the UK. They always seem to get TV series on VHS pretty quick over there.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I'm surprised that Paramount hasn't released Enterprise on DVD to boost TV ratings. It worked for 24 (and arguably for Alias), so why not release the show on DVD? Bill Hunt from the 'Bits is a vocal proponent of the idea (and he has good taste, enjoying an underrated Trek), but I suspect Paramount is overwhelmed by the glut of Trek programming they're releasing on DVD in 2004.

I loved the animated show as a kid, so much so that when my family made regular trips from Winnipeg to Fargo, I was able to buy some of the VHS tapes. Terrible animation, but boy, those stories were terrific! I'd love to see them on DVD! Maybe 2005?

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Enterprise's first season was partially released on VHS, then stopped when DVD started to outstrip VHS so dramatically. I don't think the entire season was released, but I could be wrong about that. Paramount UK has announced no plans for Enterprise on DVD, either.

Ah well. I'd like very much to see Enterprise on DVD. I'd love commentaries by Billingsley and Bakula - I think they could be great fun.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I am hoping for for Enterprise to be released as soon as possible. I love this show and have every episode to date recorded but want to replace them with DVDs so bad!

I never got to see the animated series so I wouldn't mind checking that out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks