Star Fox Adventures....VERY NICE!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Just wanted to post some screenies:
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    The GC Star Fox is looking mighty impressive. I'm looking forward to this one and it looks like the release date has been set for July!

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Call me kooky but I don't like his teeth! [​IMG] He seems too intimidating compared to SF64. I guess I'll just have to grow to like it.

3. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

It looks nice, but haven't they been working on this game since 1998? Those poor guys must be sick of it by now. Maybe I'll actually buy the Gamecube this summer.

-Dan

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

For some reason I'm not looking forward to this one. Maybe I'll be surprised when it comes out.

-Andre F

5. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Now, I havent played any SF games since the original on Super Nintendo...but is there any flying in this game, or is it more of an adventure game?

JQ

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Jason, there are indeed flying levels in the game, which have been added since the Gamecube conversion. (started out as an N64 adventure game)

-Dan

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It originally wasn't Star Fox, but when Nintendo convinced Rare to put it on GameCube instead of N64, they suggested throwing Star Fox into it, changing the story a little, and adding some flying levels.

If you think SF looks intimidating now, you should see some pics of those creepy puppet things they used for the booklet for the SNES game...

8. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

This is the game that sells Gamecube to me. Being that it's basically a clone of Ocarina as far as gameplay mechanics go, and that Ocarina is my favorite game of all time, I can't wait for it, whenever they decide to release it. Does anyone ever get the feeling that Nintendo and their second parties finish their big games (ie Mario Sunshine, Star Fox, Zelda, Metroid Prime, etc.) years ahead of time and then just hold them back to screw with us?

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Heh. Rare are notorious in the retro community for delaying probably one of the most revolutionary games on the ZX Spectrum, back when they were know as Ultimate Play The Game. They had the first major isometric game (outside of Ant Attack3D) ready a year ahead of its release - they sat on it (without telling anyone this) to give themselves time to finish the 2D games they had in development as they knew the punters wouldn't buy them after seeing Knight Lore. It worked.

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I just with these delays would stop!!! I want some must-have titles for my cube in THIS QUARTER.

I know from experience that the delays will bring me better games. I just wish there were something to keep me occupied in the meantime.

11. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Its true about Ultimate doing that, but when the 2D game was the mighty Sabre Wulf, we can't be too harsh on them [​IMG]
    I'm actually more looking forward to the upcoming GBA Sabre Wulf sequel than I am this, for some reason. We all get nostalgic about different things.

12. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

13. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

I'm so NOT excited about this game. I don't know, maybe it's the way half way through development they changed it to something else and threw in the starfox characters.