Star Wars AOTC/LOTR Platinum Series Extended ~ Preorder

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Friedrich, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to get a collaberation of all the best indvidual & combination preorder prices on all 3 releases, So far its looking like this;
    .............amazon.com......amazon.ca........DDD
    AOTC.................$17.99.........$17.29........ $18.89
    LOTR Dir Cut.....$25.99.........$24.14........$25.98
    LOTR Coll Set....$59.94.........$51.24........$57.55
    Ok since I got such a sweet deal on BoB @ amazon.ca I decided to check it out, now prices will change daily[currency rates], you can save on buying AOTC/LOTR together and the shipping is low. At amazon.com you can get the free super saver shipping and before you place your order you have an option to share the love with a friend[10% off of what you paid]. So far I'm leaning towards amazon.com since I have a $20 GC for ordering previously with the amazon visa card. I've ruled out buy.com because of high shipping & tax.
    But everyone please add any deals you might know of on any of these titles, thanx.
    bodym[​IMG]v'n

2. Brian G

Brian G Extra

I'm definitely going for the SW,LotR CE buy both combination discount at amazon.ca, I also took advantage of BofB deal there.

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'll be buying AOTC retail. I'm hoping to find a sweet deal on the LOTR collectors set online though.

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    www.costco.com is showing ATOC for $18.99 and FOTR for $25.49. Generally the prices on their website are reflected in the stores on release date.

5. James D

James D Second Unit

I ordered the pair at Amazon.com for $34.58 delivered. The STL price is $39.58. You get free shipping on any order over $25 and there is a $5 off $35 coupon that expires TONIGHT at midnight, Pacific Time. The code is MAPPCTBANK35.[​IMG]

6. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

James thanx for the 5 off 35 coupon, I finally picked up *ST III TSFS for $17.50 shipped along with a *Men at Work gold import cd, there last one, at amazon.com, sweet [​IMG]! I waited on ST because I just didn't want to fork over the $19.99 + tax to BB.
    I also finally went ahead and preordered AOTC[17.29]/LotR CE[$51.24] pratically shipped w/5CAN off coupon CANADASKY5 at amazon.ca I wanted to preorder at the lowest overall online price humanly possible that way I'm locked in early, no worries, if either become available cheaper at any B&M I can cancel.
    bodym[​IMG]v'n

7. Brian G

Brian G Extra

Also if you're ordering from amazon.ca for the 1st time there's a 10CAN coupon posted at another thread that you can use; CANADASMAG5T.

8. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Posted the following in the other LOTR Collector's Edition thread, but also thought it relevant here.
    www.bestbuy.com has now sale priced the following for preorder:
    LOTR:EE 4-disc: $24.99
    LOTR:EE 5-disc: $49.99
    AOTC : $15.99
    Keep in mind, if you wait and buy either LOTR:EE's in store on Tuesday as opposed to preorder, you can get a further $2 discount using the ubiquitous Netflix coupons found in the store. So the totals for LOTR:EE 4 and 5 disc versions will be $22.99 and $47.99 respectively.
    Plus, if you mail in you 2-disc LOTR rebate, the final cost should be $17.99 and $37.99.