What's new

Directors Stanley Kubrick vs. the HTF - a tournament (2 Viewers)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I voted. I actually do like The Third Man more....

Not that it would have changed the outcome any, just thought I would point that out.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Steve for a fun tourney. Not surprisingly, my voting was very Kubrick friendly ( He does indeed rule. )

Of 18 votes -

13 Kubrick
4 nominated films for the tournament
1 abstain

In any final showdown my vote would be for 2001: A Space Odyssey. I am decidedly one of the acolytes who worships at the altar of this film. Nearly of Briggsian proportions. :)

- Walter.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Thanks guys!

In any final showdown my vote would be for 2001: A Space Odyssey. I am decidedly one of the acolytes who worships at the altar of this film.
I admire it a great deal as well. However, when two films (such as Dr. Strangelove and The Third Man) are so darn near-perfect, I default to the one I enjoy more. In other words, I'd go with Harry Lime over the bomb. :)

I'm thinking about doing a Hitchcock vs. the HTF tourney next. We should be able to take down the master of suspense. He didn't do anything THAT great anyway. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks