What's new

Stanley Kubrick Documentary (1 Viewer)

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Gentlemen...the search engine has most definitely defeated me. About a year and 1/2 ago there was a post referencing a website which was selling the great Stanley Kubrick documentary separately from the box set. I cant find it and was wondering if anyone still has that site listing and whether it is still available...

A.T.

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Ray.. I appreciated the effort it must have took to find that antiquated post, but as you were advising, it does appear the site has been buried. Has anyone else seen if for sale individually? I would say money is no object but I'm afraid someone would point me to EBAY.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
You may want to check this thread out.

I am very interested in purchasing the documentary as well. I refuse to spend money on The Shining and Full Metal Jacket, so I also hope to get it individually.

It's a shame that nobody asked about the possibility of a separate release in the recent Warner Bros. chat.

Real Name
Anthony
Good news, folks. The Stanley Kubrick documentary is available as a separate disc from Amazon France. It is absolutely English-friendly, with only the case notes in French. Otherwise, it's exactly the same edition as the one in the box-set. The bad news for you is that the disc is R2 encoded and you may find it a bit pricey depending on your exchange rate into Euros.
I didn't look at the links on this thread so this may be repeat information, but there were rumours of the doc being released separately with some extra features. I wouldn't count on this anytime soon, but who knows ?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I didn't necessarily want to own this disc, but I really wanted to see the documentary, which I heard was excellent. (I have all the discs except Lolita and Lyndon, and didn't want to purchase the others again).. I eventually gave up the search (none of the video stores in my area had it, even those with all the other discs in the SK collection series)

Luckily, I discovered the DVD was available for rent at my local university library, so I finally saw it this week.

I don't understand why this wasn't made a stand-alone title (like the others). Oh wait, yeah I do. To make everyone buy/double-dip on the box set..

Good luck everyone...

~Steve

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, it is a great documentary. I caught it when it first premiered in Cinemax and I must've seen it over six times already.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Reportedly Jan Harlan said at a recent Q&A session, new material had been uncovered at the Kubrick Estate, and that they were going to reissue a new, longer version. Might be worth keeping this in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks