What's new

Stands vs. Mounting bracket (1 Viewer)

Dave*R

Auditioning
I just got my Titans and I'm trying to set them up optimally, but also safely, considering that i have a 1 year-old who's just learning to run. I had been apparently overly optimistic that the titans would fit on our entertainment center. I was very wrong.

So, as I see it, I have 2 options: stands or bracket mounting. What do you all think? Is there a sonic difference? Does bracket mounting to the entertainment center make sense? It seems like it would be safest. Just curious what your thoughts are.

Thanks!

-Dave

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Brackets mean you’ll have to drill holes in the speaker cabinet. A lot of people cringe at the thought of that. Aside from that, since you just got yours, you might be taking a chance on voiding the warranty.

If you get some stands, make sure they’re sturdy and heavy. Otherwise, with a speaker on top, they’ll be top heavy and a kid might knock the whole thing over.

Another alternative is to put them on shelves. You weren’t worried about screwing some mounting brackets into the side of the entertainment center, so mounting shelves to the side of it shouldn’t be a problem either. :)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks