Standesign BB75AH question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John_RK, Aug 8, 2001.

1. John_RK

John_RK Extra

I recall several positive references to this speaker stand, and I like the fact that it's adjustable.
    My question: Can it handle a 20lb monitor and maintain good stability? They look pretty sturdy in the pictures, but I'd like to hear from someone who has used them.
    Thanks...

2. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

I have those stands, but I haven't adjusted their height or anything yet. I also only have JBL N24 speakers on them.
    However, the only thing that holds the adjustable part in place when it is extended is a plastic screw (I think it's plastic, I'm not at home so I can't remember) that goes in the back of the stand and puts pressure on the part of the stand that slides inside the bottom half. I'm not sure if you could tighten that enough to ensure that the stand wouldn't go sliding down with a 20lbs. monitor on it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

3. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I am using those stands with a set of Sonus Faber Concertinos at maximum height. The speakers are 17 lbs each. Just about any stand above 30 inches (not weighted) will become top heavy and care should be taken they are not knocked too hard. 20 lbs is not a problem for these stands they will definatly hold that weight easily. Just remember the more weight on top the more unstable the stands become as you raise the level from the floor. I personaly dont have a problem since i have no lil tykes running around. As for the devise that hold the sliding pole piece, its a metal set screw (alen wrench included) I wouldent worry about it sliding down once its tightened.