"stand jacks" commercial

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, May 20, 2004.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Mar 22, 1999
    Was watching a taped stage of some cycling program on OLN and normally I skip the commercials via the PVR functions but happen to see this funny informercial or something I think was called the "stand jack". Basically it was this bicycle seat that is on a telescoping pole via a QR system that one could prop under one's butt to sort of stand up. You would adjust the length of the pole which is on a suspension and sit on the bicycle seat and the advertisement was that it would support standing at say golf outings, sports games, bird watching, and even hunting.

Not sure if I've ever seen anything more out there than that, but I thought it was funny. I could not find a website via google, got alot of "jack stand" hits but that's not it...

Thought it was a goofy idea, what better place to share it than after hours?

2. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

Feb 20, 2003
    The idea of a small portable seat like you describe is centuries old. It is usually a simple t-shaped pole for resting your but on. To incorporate it into a bicyle seat is a novel idea.