What's new

Pre-Order Stand-In (1937) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I wish you would be able to do a deal with Warner and get some of their 30s-50s WAC titles on Blu-ray..there's too many to list - but I will say some I became a fan of after renting them on the ClassicFlix site :)
I'm with you! I would LOVE for Classicflix to be able to license some titles from Warner. However, I think we need to do our bit to support Classicflix NOW with sales for them to be able to do so. I suspect sales have been slow, as over the last half year or so, Classicflix has pulled back from releasing every month to having releases every 2-3 months, and on Facebook, they were talking about having abut 2-3 Blu-ray releases for the REST OF THIS YEAR. So, I hope to do my part to support them, as they have become one of my favorite labels!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm with you! I would LOVE for Classicflix to be able to license some titles from Warner. However, I think we need to do our bit to support Classicflix NOW with sales for them to be able to do so. I suspect sales have been slow, as over the last half year or so, Classicflix has pulled back from releasing every month to having releases every 2-3 months, and on Facebook, they were talking about having abut 2-3 Blu-ray releases for the REST OF THIS YEAR. So, I hope to do my part to support them, as they have become one of my favorite labels!

Im with you on that , but for me, I cant buy a film simply to support the label.. I need to 'want it' for me to buy it, such as Stand In, Raw Deal, T-Men etc.. :)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

To the points:
  1. WARNER: I can personally think of dozen's of films to which we would love to give the ClassicFlix treatment, but Warner isn't open for any label except Criterion (and perhaps Shout in a very limited way).
  2. SUPPORT NOW: Yes, please do. Your support of our current releases helps us with future licensing deals.
  3. PULLING BACK: Your assumption is correct. We're not going anywhere and we look forward to restoring and releasing more on Blu in the future, but our output for the remainder of this year will not match the prior two years.
Thanks to all for your support!

- David

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I'm glad CF was able to finally get "Stand-In" out. I remember it being included in that first announced batch of titles, and I kept looking for it to be officially scheduled each month. Only to be disappointed later on, learning of its cancellation due to elements problems.. The film itself serves up some great satire on Hollywood, a bit of good screwball romance with Howard/Blondell, and offers some enjoyable fun in seeing Bogart shine in an atypical role. The only way the film seems to falter is in its attempt to wrap everything up in a kind of Capra-esque bowtie in the finale fifteen or twenty minutes. That attempt to imbue the story with some kind of social-minded heft seemed too calculated, and ended things on a dull thud. Shame, since the film was gangbusters up until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks