What's new

Pre-Order Stand-In (1937) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
174256_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Agreed. A/V on the old DVD was never great so this should be a welcome upgrade. And funny timing, as the film was just referenced in the Dietrich/Von Sternberg set for its spoof of the two. :lol:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Got an email from Amazon tonight.

It looks like Stand-In has been delayed for about a month (estimated delivery March 20th to April 10th)

I don't know if other retailers have the same issue.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, this is about the 4th recent release that Amazon has dropped the ball on. Other retailers have the disc, Amazon delays for a month. Anyone know what's going on with them? Getting really frustrating to deal with them!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, this is about the 4th recent release that Amazon has dropped the ball on. Other retailers have the disc, Amazon delays for a month. Anyone know what's going on with them? Getting really frustrating to deal with them!
It's not just Amazon as my order from another retailer is backordered.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Was waiting for me when I got home. Alas, won’t have time for it until the weekend.

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I found out there was a shipping delay when I asked Classic Flix - I ordered directly from their website ..but I dont mind waiting,..but it's good to know what the status in. :)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor

I'm not sure if this is applicable here but over in the boutique label film score CD world, there's been growing discussion (including with label heads) regarding the long time it takes to restock items due to the reduced number of pressing plants in the U.S.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m sure it’s hugely applicable here. Every replication plant in North America has closed except for one in Mexico. There were huge logjams and delays for Nov-Dec titles and you have to figure that there would be some residual delays.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
It looks like Disc Makers in NJ is still going. I know they've been employed by boutique labels in the past. They only seem to advertise Blu-ray replication right now though, but I guess they'd do CD/DVD too.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
It's not just Amazon as my order from another retailer is backordered.

Thanks to all for your patience. STAND-IN in stock at ClassicFlix.com and it will ship within 24 hours if ordered.

Twilight Time should have a decent amount of stock on it, but it may be a few weeks before other retailers get caught up in the supply chain as they under-ordered it their initial amount.

- David

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
David, I believe this is my first ClassicFlix release and I am very much looking forward to seeing something from your label!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You've been missing some great stuff!

I try not to think about it as “missing” so much as “haven’t gotten around to it yet.”

Plenty of ClassicFlix titles I hope to one day look at!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
David, I believe this is my first ClassicFlix release and I am very much looking forward to seeing something from your label!

Great to hear Josh!

FYI - This one was supposed to be our first release when we started our label back in 2016, but the sources we test scanned were so bad, that we permanently shelved it thinking no good sources existed.

Fast forward to late last year and we ended up finding a dup negative at the BFI that, while in pretty rough shape, was in good enough condition to warrant a major restoration. Take a look at the restoration comparison and trailer below to get a flavor for both the upgraded image and the plot line.

ENJOY!

- David

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks to all for your patience. STAND-IN in stock at ClassicFlix.com and it will ship within 24 hours if ordered.

Twilight Time should have a decent amount of stock on it, but it may be a few weeks before other retailers get caught up in the supply chain as they under-ordered it their initial amount.

- David
My disc shipped today from the retailer I ordered it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks