Stand for Sony KP46WT500

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_Sc, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Gary_Sc

Gary_Sc Agent

Anyone using a non-Sony stand with the new 46" Sony? Neither my fiance or myself like the Sony stand and would prefer something else. I really like the Bell'o 2050 but it is 18" high vs 12" for the Sony stand. Will the extra 6" inches really hurt the viewing?

Gary

2. TimTurtino

TimTurtino Stunt Coordinator

That really depends on how high you sit. IMHO, that TV has a pretty decent vertical viewing angle, so you should be able to see the picture well; the only question is whether it "feels" right.
    If you can get the Bell'o from a place with a good return policy, then by all means, try it out in your own house for a definitive answer. Otherwise, take a chair whose height you can adjust to the store and try and put yourself into the same relation with the screen that you will be in at your preferred viewing position at home.
    In my personal opinion, a TV is better off too high than too low, anyway. Easier to see over the junk on the coffee table. [​IMG]
    Me

3. Christopher~O

Christopher~O Stunt Coordinator

I know what you mean about the stand. It is kind of lame, but I only have my ps/2 on it. It does however look good with the TV and Sony Canada is giving them away with the TV at this time.

Cheers

4. Gilbert ^P

Gilbert ^P Stunt Coordinator

i still am waiting for my stand to arrive. i bouhgt mine in Circuit City. i think it will affect the view a little but not too much. try to set up a scenario to see how you like it with a chair and some book measuring the extra 6 inches. let us know of your results.