Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Stand By Me UHD Review
StandByMe-feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No digital code is a bad choice for us going forward.
I don't understand that logic by Sony. If this continues, it means I'll be buying fewer Sony products in the future unless the physical disc is heavily discounted.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the review, Todd. I didn't realize this was coming out on 4K disc.

No digital copy is definitely disappointing. Like Robert, this will have to get much less expensive for me to pull the trigger on with no DC. Not sure why Sony went that way.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What makes you think that, without having a code to redeem and no 4K digital available on any service, perhaps, Sony is trying to force us to buy the 4K disc.
I tend to think that if they released a 4K disc, the 4K digital version will be available soon.

They’re just not giving us the free code this time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I tend to think that if they released a 4K disc, the 4K digital version will be available soon.

They’re just not giving us the free code this time.
We'll see as I have some serious doubts about that assertion.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I did a little research this morning while redeeming some codes on Movies Anywhere, and found out that Stand By ME is not a Movies Anywhere title. It may have something to do with the fact this was made as an independent (it was produced by Act III) and was later picked up by Columbia Pictures.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have this ordered-I'm going to have to buy some nice 4K BD cases-as the titles Sony releases on disc have abysmal cases.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have this ordered-I'm going to have to buy some nice 4K BD cases-as the titles Sony releases on disc have abysmal cases.
Can you elaborate? I think Sony, Disney, and Universal releases have the best cases, while Warner tends to have the worst.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Can you elaborate? I think Sony, Disney, and Universal releases have the best cases, while Warner tends to have the worst.

Thick, sturdy cases that snap tight when closed. That is what I want.
My copy of "A Few Good Men", and "Christine" were awful. thin, and awkward cases--borderline non functional hard to clasp. Poor quality.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else's 4K disk get glitchy at the pie-eating contest scene? 48:05. I checked my disc, it's clean, so it looks like data corruption. Kind of like back in the day when RSDL DVDs weren't authored well. Contacting Amazon now...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Anyone else's 4K disk get glitchy at the pie-eating contest scene? 48:05. I checked my disc, it's clean, so it looks like data corruption. Kind of like back in the day when RSDL DVDs weren't authored well. Contacting Amazon now...
No problem with my review copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks