What's new

Stalled series? There's Hope! (1 Viewer)

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
Walmart is selling the first four seasons of NYPD Blue for $14.96. Will it generate buzz for more, or is it the final bell for the series on DVD? Seasons one and two have been repackaged.

There is also still some interest on Amazon.com. People still want more of this show.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu

That's not necessarily a sign of a show being discontinued. My local Walmart has had Good Times, Soap, Sanford & Son, White Shadow, and That's My Mama on sale for $13 for the last few months. Some of the sets they're just selling off because the complete series is coming or they simply have an overstock. Some are finished runs, and some are just incomplete ones. It really depends on the series.

Flickhead

Auditioning
Real Name
MATT
I worked on remastered Daniel Boone series, and though I'm no longer affiliated with the license holder, I'm happy to see that the final season (6) will be released on November 21st. I think it had been reported to be releasing a week earlier but I was alerted to the new street date today. Liberation Entertainment will be distributing via Ryko so the DVD set should be available at most retailers. It's available on Amazon now. It was held up by the previous distributor's bankruptcy or something along those lines, so all the previous seasons were placed on back order for almost a year. Happily they are available again.
The Season Five set, which was most severely hit by the Goldhill struggle, has an amazing extra with a "superfan" of of all things Fess Parker as Daniel Boone. A camera crew interviews him in his home which is a museum of Boone collectibles. The fan is himself a really likable guy who could have placed in the top three of the USA "Show Us Your Character" contest if he had entered. I think you can find clips on YouTube.

Strangely enough I've had more people I know asking me about Daniel Boone than about any of the music or genre films I handled for Liberation, which speaks well for the series.

I haven't received my copy yet, so I can't properly review the sound & picture quality yet, but I will.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I am still hoping for Voyage to the bottom of the sea season 4. I also remember reading an article one time that mentioned Fox producing a new Voyage to the bottom of the sea series.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard

I am pretty sure I read an article a few months back at tvshowsondvd that season 4 will get released in 2009.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Any word on a season 3 of Bionic Woman in Region 2? I have a region free dvd player and bought the first two seasons. Would like to complete my set. And where is the rest of The Six Million Dollar Man in region 2?

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Is there any hope on further releases for American Dreams (2002), The Bernie Mac Show (2001) or Strong Medicine?

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Is there any hope for season 2 of The War At Home? have practically given up on Season 2 of Boomtown, Resurrection Blvd, She Spies, Poltergeist: The Legacy, 227 and America's Next Top Model

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm hopeful, since after a long break they finally finished up the Partridge Family. I can't wait for the rest of Green Acres to be released, and would love to have at least the second and third season of 227.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I know The Big Valley is screwed thanks to Fox splitting the second season up (and selling Volume 1 for the same price as the entire Season 1), and Paramount abandoned Have Gun Will Travel (I wish someone would step in and release the other 3 seasons), but what happened to Alias Smith & Jones and what happened to The Fall Guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks