What's new

Staind CD question (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had the misfortune of someone borrowing my Break the Cycle and destroying it by accident. When I picked up a replacement, I found that it was missing the bonus acoustic track, and discs from other friends I've checked also do not have the extra track. The ID number, and for all intents and purposes, everything on the cases are identical, so I'm not sure how to find this odd version of this disc now. Anyone have any insight?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I have a copy that I bought when it came out (not handy at the moment) but I do have a full rip to my iTunes.

Which track was the bonus? I have 13 songs showing here, and I ripped the whole CD (at least I think I did)?

BGL

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I've got the bonus version, with an acoustic Its Been a While as track 14....It's not listed on the back cover, which ends with Take It, but it's there as track 14.

Checked All Music, even did a Google...but found nothing on how to distinguish the two versions of the disc. It's catalog 62626-2 if that matters.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
You're right Carl. I was just listening to mine and It's Been A While acoustic came on - great version. Hidden track 14.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, that was the first thing I checked, but 62626-2 is the same for both discs I have. Fortunately, track 14 wasn't damaged, but 11 of the other 13 songs just skip. Oh well, I burned myself a new disc from the new disc with track 14 on it and all is OK now, I was just curious why there were two versions? I know there is another import special edition that includes this and some other tracks, but the regular one was only like $9 and I thought it would be the same as the one I had. If anyone figures out how to tell the difference, if there is a way, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.