Staind CD question

Discussion in 'Music' started by John Garcia, Jan 4, 2005.

1. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I had the misfortune of someone borrowing my Break the Cycle and destroying it by accident. When I picked up a replacement, I found that it was missing the bonus acoustic track, and discs from other friends I've checked also do not have the extra track. The ID number, and for all intents and purposes, everything on the cases are identical, so I'm not sure how to find this odd version of this disc now. Anyone have any insight?

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I have a copy that I bought when it came out (not handy at the moment) but I do have a full rip to my iTunes.

Which track was the bonus? I have 13 songs showing here, and I ripped the whole CD (at least I think I did)?

BGL

3. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Same here, 13 songs. No bonus acoustic track here??

4. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

I've got the bonus version, with an acoustic Its Been a While as track 14....It's not listed on the back cover, which ends with Take It, but it's there as track 14.

Checked All Music, even did a Google...but found nothing on how to distinguish the two versions of the disc. It's catalog 62626-2 if that matters.

5. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

You're right Carl. I was just listening to mine and It's Been A While acoustic came on - great version. Hidden track 14.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yeah, that was the first thing I checked, but 62626-2 is the same for both discs I have. Fortunately, track 14 wasn't damaged, but 11 of the other 13 songs just skip. Oh well, I burned myself a new disc from the new disc with track 14 on it and all is OK now, I was just curious why there were two versions? I know there is another import special edition that includes this and some other tracks, but the regular one was only like $9 and I thought it would be the same as the one I had. If anyone figures out how to tell the difference, if there is a way, let me know.