1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Stage III is complete

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Christo Ramo, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Stunt Coordinator

Stages I,II & III

I have been at it for almost 6 months and I should have the sheet rock up and painted by the end of April 2004. I am going to put some kind of wooden floor down - probably the PERGO type. I saw some plywood pieces that inter-connect but it is just as expensive as the PERGO in the long run, escpecially when I put in wall to wall carpet. The PERGO seems like the best way to go, it hovers over the concrete floor and had a thin layer of insulation under it. Any of you guys this route?

I also need some opinions - the building of the home theater wall is giving me second thoughts. I am putting the 40" Sony WEGA in that big hole and I am not sure if I should leave 2 big opening along the sides of the TV or just leave enough room for a slim equipment rack.

Any ideas or feedback welcome!

Thanks for you time...

2. Luitz

Luitz Stunt Coordinator

I got burber on my basement concrete floor. No nasty reflections or echoes and never cold.

3. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

I used a 7 pound underlay and a 42 pound burbur on concrete in-ground basement floor. Absoulutely no problems - one of the things I did right!

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I have Wilsonart flooring in my kitchen and the only thought that I would have on using it in your HT would be if it was too reflective or not. It would look really cool but the light off the screen might be too much.

Also, I know you already have the RPTV but since you are taking the time to build a dedicated HT have you thought about going the front projector route instead? It will make all the difference in the world.

Parker

5. Christo Ramo

I can't afford to go with the projector right now - but I am running some pvc pipe behing the walls and I should be able to upgrade down the road. The only problem I see would be getting the projector into the ceiling, but since I would have to break some sheet rock to do that, running the wires won't be too difficult.

Where could I find some more info on that wilsonart flooring?

6. Christo Ramo

The before shots are in... check the link in the 1st post.