What's new

Stadium Seating Speaker Positioning.... (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I had a quick question for everyone, and thanks in advance for helping me out. I recently put in stadium seating in my basement, I elevated the loveseat on an 8 foot platform, carpeted it black and added rope lighting, and my couch is directly in front of the platform on the ground. The couch is about 5 feet from the TV and the front speakers, but about 5 feet in front of the rear speakers, which are facing each other and not pointed towards the TV.

My loveseat is elevated, so obviously, this seat will be the best listening position since my rears are about 6 feet off the ground and I can hear the effects better here. My question i guess is, should I point the speakers towards the TV so the couch people can hear effects better, or wont it matter since they are up so high? I do not want to lower the rears because then, the stadium seating will be higher than the speakers, which I doubt you want to do. Do I leave it the way it is, or can I mess with the distance setting on the receiver to get better effects for different seating without moving anything around?

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, it is a 5.1 system. It sounds great from the loveseat position, but you can definitely tell at the couch seating that the rears need to be changed somehow. The rears are mounted to the wall on each side about six feet off the ground, which is about 1 foot higher than ear level on the loveseat, but about 4 feet higher and four feet behind at couch level.

John S

Senior HTF Member
This is a great candidate for 7.1 with two pair of side speakers, which most 7.1 recievers allow these days.

I think you are going to have to place your rears at the sides of your back most position to get decent results.

This is still an acceptable setup by most all accounts.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
What type of surround speakers do you have? Dipole, Bipole, or Monopole? I think this situation would probably work best with dipole or bipole instead of monopole.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks