What's new

Stacking components. Are there "feet" to extend height for ventilation? (1 Viewer)

Wishoosier

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Bailey
Due to space constraints, I need to put my new blu-ray player on top of the receiver. The receiver puts out a lot of heat, and I'd like to bump up the blu-ray player for my peace of mind. Does anything exist to aid in this? My wife talked to friendly folks at Best Buy, and no specific product was recommended, and we're prepared to jerry-rig something, but I'd like to avoid it if there's something out there that could solve this. Player is a new Samsung BD 5300; receiver is old (plan to replace it eventually) Sony. It's 10 years old. Is the heat output less on a newer receiver?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Raising the blu-ray player will help ventilation for the receiver, but the player will still be catching all the rising heat. That can’t be good for it – there needs to be some physical isolation. I just built a little wooden shelf to get me a few inches clearance for the receiver and insulate the components above from the heat. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

maxstopper

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
there are some good external diy fan setups that ive seen before. not sure how hot your reciever gets.. but i wouldnt put my blu ray player on top of my receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks