What's new

ST:Voyager S1 Best Buy Bonus DVD (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Going to Quark's in Vegas is sooo much fun. I've been there a few times now. Make sure you get the Wrap of Khan (so good) and Mr. Sisko's Bayou Pasta. Also, if you're a drinker get the Warp Core Breach (it actually appeared in a few eps of DS9). I can't wait to go back in June to see the new Borg ride. Oh yeah and Voyager is way too expensive. It'll be on Ebay soon for a good price.

Christopher D

Second Unit
OK, very quick review of the content. I went ahead and bought this at Best Buy (despite sticking entirely to $85 Costco for DS9) because I have a cheesy kind of attraction to ST: The Experience in Vegas, wanted this disc, and knew I would otherwise be paying a lot more than $14 for it on Ebay.

First half of the program: I was surprised that there is enough footage of the actual attraction that it is close to a "walkthrough" of the first part, before you get on the shuttle. Decent souvenir in that regard. Second half of the program: not so much. Unless you're so into it that you want to see an interview with the Executive Chef at Quark's and a walk-through of the merchandise area, move right along. They do have some footage of a wedding on the bridge that is kind of interesting. Surprisingly, nothing on the new Borg attraction.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised there's nothing on the new Borg attraction. I'm still wondering if it's meant to replace the original attraction.

Ric

Roger_R

Second Unit
I'm a bit pissed off on the whole bonus DVD-thing. I usually buy the region one versions because the shows were produced on tapes and therefore need to be converted to PAL (which means picture degradation) when released in Europe. In Europe however there's no such thing as a bonus DVD. The extra featurette(s) is included on the seventh disc in the boxset. Same thing with the DS9 sets.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Bad Best Buy, here's the answer I got from Best Buy when I emailed them about not receiving my bonus disc with my order:

I'm very disappointed in this answer. It's dishonest to say you'll receive the disc with a pre-order and then say tough luck when it's not included.

I guess I can always get this on eBay, but I already paid enough for this set.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to hear your troubles.

Can't you return it, but first try to find it at a BB store near you? Or can't you exchange at the store itself?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I was thinking about doing that but I just found a brand new sealed set with the bonus disc for 83.99 on eBay so I'm going to return the Best Buy one, I might actually wind up saving money in the end.

Edward Brand

Agent
Daniel,

Good for you. I am shocked with the way BestBuy handled your problem. They should have taken care of you.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Well I am very dissapointed in the Canadian price for the Voyager season one disk set. lets face it season one was not the best out there and season 2 was almost no better. I think that starting on season 3 things started to get better.

Would you believe that the retail sticker price before any type of discounts from who ever decides these thing is a wopping $ 164.99 at our local Future shop. Of course they have it taged at $118.99 CDN for now, but no special offers of bonus disk or anything. Honestly the bonus disk would not mean very much to me as I almost never listen to bonus metierial in the first place.

Even at $118.99 plus taxes here the total would be $136.83 with taxes.

divide that by 15 episode or 5 disks and that is allot of money to fork out for season 1. Just did the math and that is $27.37 per disk. and they only have 3 episodes on them.. Nope not for me to rich for my blood.

maybe season 3 and onward at 22 episodes for that kind of money , but not before that. Sorry Paramount you just priced yourself into orbit with this box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks