What's new

ST: TNG Onscreen Blooper? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
This might be an un-intentional blooper, but while watching "When the Bough Breaks", I noticed a potential mistake. During the opening sequance before
the intro, Riker walks into a Turbolift. Look to the bottom right of the turbolift, and you'll notice what seems like a camera tripod peice standing there. I always wondered how they filmed inside the Turtbolift 'set' :).
Also, another unrelated question. In the shows original run, they had to pull back the doors via a pair of stagehands. With todays high tech sensors, and faster response time, do those doors on the set of Voyager/Enterprise etc, open themselves now? :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nope, still pulleys

If they had included the blooper reels you'd see plenty of people bouncing off of doors

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I guess they can't make the doors automatic because stagehands are unionized.

For the original series, Roddenberry wanted a projector running behind each of the subdisplays that surround the Enterprise bridge; 12 in all, as I recall. This would have given them kewl displays, readouts, it would have looked neat.

Then he was told that each projector would require a Union worker. To stand there and stare at it. At Union rates.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think it's also the fact that pulleys are simple, while electric eyes and motors if they break you're screwed for an hour or more

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately it's an unlikely at best addition due to people's agents constantly nixing them
It's true you can go to any comic con and pick up the blooper reels for Star Trek, TNG, probably DS9 and Voyager, Seinfeld, X-Files, the list goes on
My 2 prized reels are Battlestar Galactica and Captain Power :)
Sigh, you figure that since we WANT TO PAY THE STUDIO AND THE ACTORS, it wouldn't be such a hard thing to get

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks