What's new

ST:TMP-TDE Blooper? (1 Viewer)

Anton Ruzic

Stunt Coordinator
Pliz freeze the DVD at 13:32, and notice the very 20th century lookin' dude who can be glimpsed standing next to the lift shaft a moment before Kirk bumps into Sonak in the San Francisco Skytram Station. Could it be ST:TMP cinematographer Richard Kline, or just a retro-fashion obsessed denizen of the 23rd century?
Anton

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it's Richard Kline or anyone else in particular, but YES! You are correct, sir! :)
STTMP_blooper.jpg

I've never, EVER noticed that in the past! Nor is it listed among the goofs at the IMDB: Link Removed
MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

Anton Ruzic

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the confirmation and screencap, Dave! The funny thing is that I have had the widescreen LD version of ST:TMP for years, but never noticed this guy before, even though I played the damned thing more times than I care to admit.
biggrin.gif

Anton

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Come on, look at that jacket! It's CLEARLY a super-futuristic metallic aloy! Plus, every fashion style repeats every thirty years, so it's not unrealistic to think that that style will come back. It's not like he's wearing an Up With People shirt or something.
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

Anton Ruzic

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps, but as far as I can tell all the other human male civilians in that shot are wearing dresses!
tongue.gif

Anton

Anton Ruzic

Stunt Coordinator
...and speaking of bloopers that I have observed in previous home versions of ST:TMP, at 24:01 you can see the shadow of the flying rig holding that "zero-g" carrier against the upper corridor wall just outside engineering. I had always assumed that this was due to incorrect framing, but according to David Fein the transfer for The Director's Edition was approved by Richard Kline himself.
Anton

I just wish Daren Dochterman got around to fixing the space office windows for the DE.
EvT
[Edited last by Erika von Tiesenhausen on November 13, 2001 at 08:55 PM]

Anton Ruzic

Stunt Coordinator
I just wish Daren Dochterman got around to fixing the space office windows for the DE.
Amen to that! BTW, did anybody notice how the new CGI skytram fails to cast a CGI shadow on the suspiciously still CGI water during its final approach to the station?
Anton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks