What's new

St. Martin. Anyone been there? (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I was there for a day during a cruise about 4 years ago. Nude beaches,cuban cigars and great looking women.

Have a good time:D

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I was also there on a cruise 2 years ago. Nice beaches, but missed out on the nude ones.

Liquor is very cheap there. We came home with 6 bottles of booze. I got a bottle of B&B for $9, Crown Royal for $10. But most of the liquor is in stores that try to sell you jewelry. If you are interested in the jewelry, hold out as long as you can, they will go very low on their prices. We didn't buy anything, but the guy thought he had my wife snookered in getting a bracelet. I kept pulling her away and every time I did the guy would quote a lower price.

Watch out for crooked cabbies and pick pocketer. We had a cabbie drinking some hooch during some of our stops. Also you almost have to get in writing how much the cab ride will be, because they will try to change the price of the cab fair at the conclusion of your trip.

Our stay was a few hours, but it does have some nice scenery.

Paul

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
It will be very hot in July. I have spent a lot of time in the Caribbean. My grandparents had a house in the BWI and we used vacation there and the VI quite a bit when I was younger.

I would recommend to drink a lot of fruity alcoholic drinks, and don't forget to try Ting. Its an island soft drink that is delicious. I think it is actually from Jamaica. I would also recommend scuba diving. They will teach you if you don't know, but it is beautiful down there with all the tropical fish and possible shipwrecks. Another thing that is fun down on those islands is that they usually have some type of open beach pit bbq parties once a week at night that are pretty fun with a steel drum band and all. So, to recap, I recommend in this order, drink, scuba, eat. It should be fun, enjoy.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Sint Maarten is a nice and strange island. I stayed mostly on the Dutch side. It is fairly Americanized and many people go there to check out the jewelry. While I was there, I took some amazing photos by Grand Bay (or great bay?) from a resort they had there.
BTW, it's St. Maarten
Yes but it also depends on which side you are referring to... the French or the Dutch.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I can tell what not to do.;) We stopped there for a day on our last cruise about 1 1/2 years ago and decided to rent some scooters and drive around the island. Narrow roads + fast driving locals + 4 American tourists on 2 scooters = a near death experience. Seriously, it wasn't that bad, but there were times when the locals would pass you doing 50 and come within inches of you. Other than that, the scenery was beautiful and we got to see alot of the island. Drove the scooters up to Pic Paradis (high spot on the island) for some great views and stopped at an empty beach near Long Bay I think it was. Whatever you decide to do there, enjoy!
Regards,
Phil

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm going there on a cruise in August. BTW, it's St. Maarten
As pointed out it depends on which side of the island you go to. We went there on a cruise last Nov and it was one of our favorites. The sand on their beaches is just amazing. Shopping is good there too if you know what to look for and can bargain. IIRC the nude beaches are on the French Side.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
We were there last September. We liked it, but I don't need to go back. It was kinda depressing in some areas, due to the poor living conditions.

I prefered St. Thomas, and St. John. Much more beautiful, and better beaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks