St. Elsewhere

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Deke, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Extra

I'm a bit surprised that this isn't already on here, but I just did a search and it came up empty so...

Does anyone know what happend to 'St. Elsewhere' on DVD? I saw a couple of Australian companies on eBay offering season one on DVD, so I did a check with some local suppliers and it was on the 'Coming shortly' list.

That was good enough for me so I ordered it.

I've just had the order cancelled with no explanation. Does anyone know if it's ever going to come out? It's enough to drive you to bootlegs...

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I thought I had read about a R2 release this summer or fall. I what to KNOW too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

3. Andrew!A

Andrew!A Stunt Coordinator

Season 1 is available for pre-order on amazon.co.uk. Release date is sometime in August 2006.

A caveat: the same company released the UK R2 box sets of Hill Street Blues (seasons 1 and 2 so far) and the word is that they used the syndicated versions of the episodes. Key scenes were cut completely. For example, in the pilot, they cut the scene of Hill and Renko being shot! So I wonder what they'll do to the St. Elsewhere DVDs.

FYI, if you have access to a decent newsgroup server, check out alt.binaries.multimedia and do a search for St. Elsewhere.

As well, I've heard rumours that Fox will release an R1 Season 1 of St. Elsewhere later this fall...