SSX Tricky too easy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy-P, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Jeremy-P

Jeremy-P Stunt Coordinator

I know the game's been out for a while, but i rented it recently and even though i've mastered the original, I expected to be challenged by SSX Tricky. Instead I found it too easy, the harder areas of the courses have been made easier and you can get full boost just by knocking someone down! There's more that i can't think of but it just seems too easy, I got gold on each new track the first time. The graphics and some of the new level design are great though.

2. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

I found this game to be really boring compared to Amped. Amped is just as fast as this game, with better graphics, and real tricks. Amped is also a lot more challenging which is good because it's not short. Once you master it it's awesome.

3. Peter Rohlfs

Peter Rohlfs Stunt Coordinator

Jeremy,

Got gold in both race and trick mode? Unlocked entire trick book for every character?

There's alot there.

Peter

4. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

Well, of course it's going to be easy for somebody who has finished the first SSX, since the gameplay is the same and they haven't notched it up in difficulty. Think of it like Madden 2002...it's going to be easier for somebody who played 2001 than to a newcomer to the series.

I liked that SSX Tricky was the next "season" from SSX. That was a nice touch that I don't think we've ever seen in racing games. Anybody know if they plan to release these games once a year similiar to more conventional sports titles?

5. Jeremy-P

Sorry, but I just call them as they see them and when I see one shortcut jump in a course that used to succeed maybe 2/5 times is now not a jump at all, I say huh, that's different; but when I see 5 of them in every level, I say a little dumbed down, don't you think? And yes I got gold in both modes but not the trick book, I don't really care about outfits. I'm not trying to slam it, it's a cool new game, i'm just saying that the difficulty was definitely tweaked to make it more 'appealing'.

6. Jeremy-P

And to Paul, that's the problem with EA, they can't help but sell you the same game two years in a row! Has any other company done this so consistently with so many games (not counting sequels of course)? EA doesn't even try to innovate and likes adding and removing features to games so they appear different. At least sequels have new content, EA just licences more big names.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Just because there's a lot to do doesn't mean it can't be a boring game. I enjoy this game, but I don't think I can get EVERYTHING like I'm supposed to.

Thats why my brother is helping me with that.