What's new

SST8's finally finished link to pics (1 Viewer)

Mike Keith

Second Unit
Well, after nearly 500 hrs over the past 6 months of obsessive working and draining all my monitory recourses there finally done. I had no idea as to what the finish should look like, so I just kept experimenting with different finishes and at the last minute I decided to add the oak inlays, boy did I bite off a chunk there, anyway they kind of look like turtle shells at first so I changed the finish one last time to a lighter shade of textured paint for more contrast and that was what IMO made the look come together so I’m very happy with the final effect, and they integrate well into my all Red Oak trimmed living area, although I’m sure some will find them grotesque or just too weird.
My TA-E9000ES went tits up before I could finish fine tuning so I’m in a holding pattern for a few days but I should have my system up and running in a few days and be able to see if the AR Conjugate filter helped smooth out the glair on those XT tweeters
As soon as I get them fine tuned I’ll try some actual acoustic measurements and some gated pulses to set relative acoustic offset, but I’ll probably need some help in this area as I’m using Audia Speaker Workshop, and am recently having problems calibrating my wallin jig.
Thanks to Peter at Acoustic Reality and to everyone on this board who has helped over the months.
http://www.acoustic-reality.com/
My SST8 Speaker Project
http://64.33.91.28/kingdaddysst8/index.html

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
WOW !!!!!!!!
They are different but I like them..... I had watched the little snippets that were posted along the way as you built them. They really look like they turned out great. I look forward to your listening impressions.

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
Wow! Is right! True works of art!

I can only image what putting 500hrs. into a project is like. And to think I'm ready to give up when it gets over about 40hrs.

Execllent job I hope you enjoy them!

-EJ

Mike Keith

Second Unit
Thanks everyone, you are all very kind, I'm planning a pair of sealed sono-tubes in the near future to mate with these monitors so I'll be picking everyone's brains soon.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks