SS -SS from center speaker

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by timZa, Aug 26, 2006.

  1. timZa

    timZa Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    What is with the annoying SSSS from the voices on the center speaker? is it the speaker, receiver, or a combo of both. i hope new speakers will solve this problem, right now I'm running cheap polks.
     
  2. Arthur S

    Arthur S Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 1999
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    s s s s is called sibilance. 90% of this is your speaker the other 10% is your receiver. So, probably a combination. And different speakers ought to tame this problem to your satisfaction. As to what speakers, I will leave that to others to make recommendations, though for $410 plus shipping, you could get the SVS center and L&R. Should cure your problem [​IMG]
     
  3. timZa

    timZa Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Sibilance eh, it sure get you listeners fatigue quick. i hope my new center takes care of that aggravation. thank you.
     

Share This Page