What's new

SR-8200 & JP III Problem (1 Viewer)

Nate_Herring

Auditioning
I have found an additional problem with my Marantz SR-8200. Last night I put in Jurassic Park III and no sound once the movie starts. I only get 1 second snippets of sound every 10 seconds or so. This was on the DD audio track. The DTS track plays fine. The display on the SR8200 shows that there is a rear surround "S" being decoded but the movie is only 5.1 not 6.1 according to the DVD box. My DVD player is a Sony DVP-S360 (so far so good) and I'm using the coax output. Anyone else having this problem?

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
Many peaple are experiencing, strange behaviour with different rcvrs in regards to the dropouts. This is apparently due to some new copyright flag inbedded in the ex bitstream. If you search this forum you will see related threads and topics concerning your predicament. Dolby, rcvr manufacturers and the film companies are working on "fix" to prevent this in the future. You may also experience this on the dd track of Pearl Harbour. DTS tracks are unaffected.

By the way how do you like the 8200. What set up are you running through. I am thinking of purchasing one.

Nate_Herring

Auditioning
Thanks. I didn’t realize other people were having problems with this as well.

This receiver is part of a HTS I'm putting together for my in-laws.

Right now I'm just running stereo with a sub. All speakers are hand made. I'm getting parts for a six-speaker setup next week. All speakers will be shielded Seas 6.5" woofers and 1" silk domes in .2 cu-ft. sealed cabinets. The sub will be a tempest sonotube sub that I'm building as well.

So far I love the sound of stereo material through it. I have a Yamaha RX-V800 for my personal use. The Marantz is much smoother on the highs. I can't comment on bass performance because I'm running the mains on small for both systems. The Marantz also does a better job with dynamics. I might take my receiver over to their house to do a little A-B testing if I ever get the time.

I hate the 2 sec. loss of audio while the receiver locks on to the DD or DTS signal. DTS is a little faster. The RX-V800 never misses a beat in this category.

The remote has potential but with out the editing software it's frustrating to setup. It's still WAY better that my Yamaha remote.

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like quite the system. Keep us posted on your progress. Maybe some pics in the DIY section of the forum as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks