What's new

Squueze trick on KV-36XBR200? (1 Viewer)

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Sorry guys, I know this has been discussed ad-nauseum, but no matter what I cannot find out how to do the squeeze trick on my set, a Sony Wega KV-36XBR200. I revisit this issue every few months when I decide I want a new TV and realize I cannot afford one.
frown.gif

So, I can never get to the settings for my particular set. I have tried what is listed on the site linked to below, but that does not work. http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/wega16x9.html
Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!
------------------
screw.jpg

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
OK, I played around with it, and I changed the "VSIZ" value from 41 to 0, whcih does shrink the TV viewing area to it looks like 1.85:1 or so. I turned on 16:9 viewing on my player, and the picture looks good, but I do not notice much of a difference. When I switch it back to 41, the image is "Stretched." But it does not apprea stretched with VSIZ set to 0, atleast not enough to notice. I am going to try a 1.85:1 DVD and see how it looks (I have been looking at Lawrence of Arabia). I am also going to look at non-amaorphic DVDs as well. If this is right, let me know as I do not want to damage the TV.
------------------
screw.jpg

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Rats...after a crude measurement, it seems that the image I get when I set the player to 16:9 mode, and set the VSIZ to "0" my image is stretched about an inch too big, or at least bigger than when I reset the VSIZ back to 41 and the DVD player back to 4:3 mode. However, I really thought the picture was a hell of a lot better despite the inch stretch. (on my 36" TV I am talking about, the 2.35:1 image on Lawrence of Arabia was about 14 3/4 inches when the player was on 16:9 and VSIZ was "0", but about 13 3/4 inches when set to 4:3 and VSIZ set to "41."
I appologize for three posts in a row, but this is a learning experience for me.
Please assist me if you can. Thanks!
------------------
screw.jpg

John Morton

Stunt Coordinator
Check the following post from 7-17:
Sony Wega 36XBR250 and GT3 - HELP!!
I described what I did there. You may find it of help? You may also need to experiment with these settings. I have found that I need to re-adjust the vsiz for different formats, but no big deal for me.
Good luck!!
John

Users who are viewing this thread