Squeak when I open the tray on my Panasonic RV32

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Cruz, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Paul Cruz

Paul Cruz Auditioning

When I press open the tray squeaks like it needs oil. Is it alright to put something like WD-40 on it or is there some other kind of lubricant?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Never experienced such a problem myself, but, yeah the thing needs some sort of lubrication. Problem is, I don't know what to suggest. I would be very reluctant to apply WD-40 or any petrolium-based product to a DVD player's sliding tray.

Anybody have any suggestions here? I certainly would be glad to hear them.

Meanwhile, Paul, I'm sure your player is otherwise okay. The squeeking noise doesn't portend anything bad, IMO.

3. Paul Cruz

Paul Cruz Auditioning

Thanks.

4. michael.ong

michael.ong Extra

a dvd player is just like any other cd players. you can just open up your player's cover, look for the sliding tray's railing and apply little oil. probably the friction is caused due to close contact with the railing
    the railing only comes in contact with the tray and not the lens. just make sure you dont apply too much oil (use a cotton bud) and dont touch the lens!!!

5. Paul Cruz

Paul Cruz Auditioning

Thanks. My brother is using it now and he said it looks like it scraping the top when it opens and closes, so he probably doesn't need to oil it.