What's new

Square Room, TV in corner (1 Viewer)

nyaggie

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and to Surround Sound, so please bare with me. I have done a bit of looking around on here and other sites as far as how to setup surround sound with a square room, but the TV in a corner. Some say it can't be done, others say it can...

Here is what is uniqe to my situation. I have inlcuded a very crude drawing of my room with what i thought up, and want to see if you experts agree with it. The main difference is, the FR, FL, RR, RL would be celing speakers (flush with the ceiling) the Center would be on top of the TV, and the SW behind the TV.

I know it is not 100% optimal, but would it work OK? what are your thoughts on ceiling mount speakers? My wife does not want speakers bvery visible, so this is our current compromise....

thanks in advance for any help....

Paul

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Will you be sitting under the front 3 speakers? If not, you will lose most of the quality. The farther off-axis you are, the worse they will sound. We rarely suggest in-ceiling speakers and never for the front 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks