What's new

Spyware Stormer: safe and reliable? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I just downloaded Spyware Stormer, and it claims to have found 110 infected files. But to remove them, I must pay $29.95 to register. Is it worth it? My McAfee Virus Scan is up to date, BTW; will one program interfere with the other?

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Hi Peter,

Spyware Stormer is considered by many to be a "rogue" spyware removal program. I.e. not entirely bogus, but not terribly reputable either. Any software that wants to hold you for ransom in this fashion isn't reputable, and it's entirely possible that it's displaying false-positive information to coerce you into buying their product. Here's a link to a list of these types of product.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Additionally, many people have had difficulty removing Spyware Stormer once it's installed as well as experiencing many pop-up ads. I am an IT professional and I use two free products.

Spybot Search and Destroy and AdAware. You can download each of these from downloads.com.

The reason I use both is that one will correct problems that the other wont, and visa-versa. They're fairly easy to use. Treat them like anti-virus programs and make sure you download any updates through each program.

Most people are prompted to install Spyware Stormer after receiving a pop-up which makes them believe that spyware has been detected. Never trust information which appears, seemingly out of nowhere, which prompts you to make changes to your computer. (Pop-ups, e-mail, etc.)

Spyware Stormer doesn't actually appear to damage or disable anything, but it's difficult to deal with once it's installed.

Spyware removal software and anti-virus software typically don't interfere with each other as they don't look for discrepancies in your computer in quite the same way. These days it's become increasingly important to have both.

Good Luck

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Just go to www.javacoolsoftware.com download spywareblaster install/update that and enable all protection.
Then go to www.lavasoftusa.com and download/install Adaware Se,
Google up spybot search and destroy and download/install that.

Update spyware blaster 1 x per week and make sure enable all protection is checked off

Update,scan and remove spyware with Adaware and Spybot 3xs per week and you will NEVER have a spyware problem again.

Best part is they are ALL free (altho a donation to the author's is appreciated bythem I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks